Do you have a passion for taking on big challenges? Do you love pushing the limits of what's considered feasible? As part of our Wireless Hardware group, you'll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world. On this team, you'll help improve the performance of our products through innovative system-on-chip designs. You and your team will build platform architecture that paves the way for all-new experiences, including the ones that allow people to take advantage of our innovations in sensor technology. Together, our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers' connections with their devices. Join us and help build world-renowned wireless systems that connect customers to their world like never before.
Do you want to impact billions of users by developing extraordinary products with a prime focus on wireless performance and system integration? Come and join us! You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity, and innovation. We want you to join our team if you are a passionate engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and characterization of RF systems across Apple's newest products including iPhones, Watches, iPads and others. You will advance a system to guarantee the efficient and the most consistent RF performance for all Apple products. The design of such a system requires good RF fundamentals, communications theory background, and sound programming practices. This entails working closely across Hardware, Software and operations teams across Apple as well as chipset vendors, instruments vendors and contract manufacturers.Key Qualifications
Excellent understanding of RF fundamentals and communications theory.
Solid fundamentals programming in C/C++ or a similar language.
Good working knowledge of RF measurements and metrics.
Hands-on experience with RF lab equipment including: spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, vector signal generators, power sensors, switch controllers, etc.
Capable of domestic and international travel (~15%).Description
As an RF Systems Integration - OTA/Cellular Engineer your responsibilities will include
- Authoring scalable software in C/C++ for controlling wireless chipsets and instrumentation.
- Developing Algorithms and Solutions to validate and characterize RF/wireless system performance.
- Reviewing Data with cross functional teams from Hardware and Software to analyze and root cause wireless performance issues.
- Design experiments to understand impact of RF impairments.
- Create Test plans which will be deployed on production and manufacturing lines to guarantee quality and performance.
- Partner with operations and factory engineering teams to improve manufacturing processes.Education & Experience
BSEE required/ MSEE preferredAdditional Requirements
- Preferred skills:
- - Understanding of Antenna/OTA measurements and testing.
- - Understanding of Cellular Standards(5G,LTE etc.) especially on the Physical layer.
- - Knowledge of Object oriented programming concepts and scalable software solutions.
- - Experience with data parsing and analysis using a scripting language like Python.