The RF Software Engineer will design, develop, test, and debug complex software systems on a variety of real-time embedded platforms. The engineer must have strong networking and packet processing experience. He or she will be responsible for defining and developing new features for both new and existing products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in all phases of product development for real-time embedded communication systems, including design, software development, testing, debugging, and documention.
• Design, implement, and support major enhancements for new and existing networking products.
• Utilize Packet Processing concepts such as classification, inspection, policing/shaping, Quality of Service, load balancing, etc.
• Work as part of a team and also independently with minimal supervision.
• Create tools and prototypes to assist in developing the core product efficiently.
• Work with a test team to diagnose and debug problems, both internally generated and those reported by customers.
• Lead and mentor other team members when appropriate.
• Other duties may be assigned
• Bachelor of Science degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field is required with a minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• In-depth technical knowledge in a number of areas of software systems, including networking, inter-process communication, multi-thread and multi-process development, asynchronous I/O, exception handling, and error detection and reporting.
• Experience with one or more of the following areas:
o Packet Processing including classification, inspection, policing/shaping, Quality of Services, load balancing
o Device Drivers
o TCP/IP Networking
o Forward Error Correction
• Experience in Object Oriented Design and Agile Development Processes.
• Very strong C and C++ knowledge is required.
• Ability and desire to thrive in fast moving environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent teamwork, organization and communication skills