Boeing Huntsville has a multi-yearcontract to develop, manufacture, and test the Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) missile seeker and future improvements. This contract and associated site consolidations are driving significant, long-term growth for the PAC-3 engineering team on the Huntsville, AL campus.
The Boeing Company is seeking a RF/Radar Design and Analysis Engineer on PAC-3 in Huntsville, AL. This Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, verification, analysis, and sustainment engineering of RF/radar components and sub-systems within the PAC-3 RADAR missile seeker and associated test systems. Must have a proven track record of developing RF or radar centric products. Experience with military grade electronics and missile systems would be desirable.
Note: Throughout the remainder of 2018 the travel will be more extensive (>25% to Huntington Beach, CA.) due to site transition activities are completed.
- Support and conduct detailed RF/radar designs and analyses at the component and systems level. Includes complex electro-mechanical designs, specifications, and complete product documentation
- Support and conduct testing and analysis activity to assure product compliance to requirements
- Conduct technical activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations, component specifications, and other technical services for purchased components
- Provides design solutions and analyses in support of production related issues and continuous improvement efforts
- Support and conduct research projects to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Must have a BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (or related science/technology degree)
- RF/radar product design/development experience, RF theory and application
- Experience with antennas, wave guides, gimbals, complex electronics, RF signal processing, RF amplifiers, RF transceivers, Intermediate Frequency Processing, or serial rapid I/O interfaces.
- Experience with radar performance analysis or modeling/simulation
- Experience managing initial hardware debug and integration of RF, analog, digital, and power supply subsystems.
- Experience with high reliability components used in Military electronics or similar high reliability applications
- Experience creating and documenting test plans/procedures, executing tests, analyzing results, and/or creating test reports
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.