NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
Organization Description:At NXP we impact day-to-day life for millions of people across the globe through our strategy of 'Secure Connections for a Smarter World'. NXP works side-by-side with customers to develop cutting-edge products and solutions for Mobile, the Connected Car, Cyber Security, Portable & Wearable and the Internet of Things. Interested in knowing what the future will look like? It's being created right here! We are passionate about winning in everything we do, we are especially passionate about delivering exceptional quality to our customers that goes beyond their expectations. This focus on exceptional quality combined with flawless execution and delivery is part of our DNA, it's who we are. NXP is committed to finding and developing the best talent; talent that is not afraid of taking absolute personal responsibility; talent that will lead us to even greater levels of success. With 45,000 people in 35 countries collaborating intensively at every level NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ: NXPI) has a reputation for quality and excellence among engineers and customers alike. NXP continues to be the employer of choice for a growing number of industry-leading talent.
Department Description:With 2B+ consumers coming online and over 50B connected devices, there is a massively growing demand for always-on connected devices. Consumers are also putting ever more pressure on wireless communications systems in terms of performance and reliability. For example, we don’t want our mobile signal to drop out in the middle of a call, or struggle with a slow internet connection, or have to wait to find a GPS signal when travelling. Many of today’s devices are addressing these challenges by moving to Active Antenna Systems, with their ability to handle Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MIMO) requirements. However, this adds even more complexity to the RF front-end, in addition to the ever-shrinking available footprint. And many existing solutions lead to too much compromise when it comes to getting the right balance of performance, reliability, flexibility, integration ease and cost-of-ownership. NXP has long been a key innovator in RF process and product technologies. In comparison to other process technologies, our SiGe:C QUBiC technology provides the highest level of integration without compromise. It enables the entire RF front end to be integrated onto a single IC while still delivering exceptional RF performance and lowest total cost-of-ownership. In fact, as we see the further repartitioning of RF and media functions in mobile phones and other connectivity applications to address consumer demands, NXP will continue to help our customers achieve even more Integration Without Compromise.
Candidate Responsibilities:The RF IC Design Engineer is part of a team of about 20-30 people including RF IC architects, Design Engineers, Validation Engineers, Test-Product Engineers and Project leaders. The capabilities in the team enable innovation and product development of RF IC products from roadmap request up to full market release. The team is working on IC products for Mobile Handset / tablet equipment in the fields of Wireless LAN and cellular power amplifier transmitter applications. Position is based in Phoenix, US. The projects are executed in close cooperation with other Product Creation Centers. The Design Engineer is responsible for the design work for a project. He/She likes to work in multicultural and highly complex environments and likes to innovate in product developments.
• Act as a senior member of the design team playing a leading role in designing innovative RF IC circuits and solving technical issues.
• Create innovative RF and micro/mm-wave circuit designs, pushing the performance of the SiGe/CMOS transistors and passive devices to their limit to maximize the RF IC performance.
• Translate the product requirements into optimal RF topology choices
• Define and optimize the RF IC architecture and block partitioning to meet the overall system requirements of the application
• Run design simulations to validate product performance using design kit models in realistic topologies
• Take care of design reporting
• Support the customer interface in understanding application requirements and assuring technical feasibility during the product development phase.
• Provide technical support to characterization, test, product and qualification engineers.
• Peer reviewing with other designers and cross-functional.
Candidate Profile:• 5-10 years experience in RF IC design
• Strong background in semiconductor physics
• Experience of relevant CAD tools (Cadence flow) and IC design methodology
• Structured IC design methodology covering specification, implementation, design and test
• Experience in analog mixed-signal (AMS) design flow.
• Driven to achieve success and able to work in a team of expert engineers to reach clear design goals
• Fluent in English language both oral and written
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
• Initiative and entrepreneurial attitude, Creative.