Lynxnet,LLC, an Akima Company , is an agile and innovative governmentcontractor focused on delivering the very best value to every customer. We arealso a military-friendly employer, supporting critical initiatives in rapidprototyping and fabrication, program support services, and technical supportservices across the Department of Defense, Homeland Security and federalcivilian agencies.Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challengingroles in work environments committed to innovation, diversity and opportunityfor career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company'sprofits go back to our 14,300 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near andabove the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps supporttheir way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrivedin a challenging environment.
Our RF/Network Field Engineer will provide electronic system support to the U.S. Coast Guard's Rescue 21 Alaska, Vessel Traffic Service, and NationalAutomated Identification System (NAIS) in Alaska. The desired candidate will support CG assets in the Juneau area, andremote sites throughout the state of Alaska. This position may also be assigned occasional duty in other areas of Alaskato cover leaves of absence or to assist in project work.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on USCG equipment and facilities.
- Provide written documentation/updates as required. This includes, but is not limited to- PM reports, CM ticket updates,inventory tracking/updates and reports, FRACAS reports, After Action reports, etc.
- Communicate any site conditions that effect or have the potential to effect site operations immediately to team projectmanager.
- Communicate and coordinate with managers, technicians, customers, and 3rd party contractors to eliminate or minimizedowntime of any/all operational assets.
- Assist other team members in daily activities and projects.
- Perform daily health checks of sites/equipment.
- Provide documentation related to routine work requirements, including but not limited to- expense reports, travelvouchers, safety training, etc.
- Provide on call response to both local and remote equipment.
- Work with a team during spring/fall to conduct maintenance trips to mountain-top communication sites.
- Maintain control and inventory of CG and company owned test equipment, materials, and other assets.
- Provide reports/status updates on all activities/projects.
- Work involves travel to remote, mountaintop locations and harsh environments. Overnight stays may berequired.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Must be a US citizen and able to pass a background check with ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance.
- Valid US Driver's License.
- Must be able to pass a drug test prior to employment.
- Minimum of Associates in Electronics Technology or equivalent military education.
- Minimum four years' experience (within the last six years) demonstrated in the following disciplines: analog/digital telecom; digital point to point microwave; HF/VHF radios; remote hybrid power systems and marine radar.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Climbing harness and associated rigging gear, safety glasses, hard hat provided in part by client as well as assistance with steel-toed boots dependent on Agreement.
- Proficiency with laptop computers using Microsoft operating systems, serial, and network communication.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing/able to fly in helicopters and work in extreme conditions.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA).
- Must exhibit high degree of interpersonal skills.
- Experience in data communications, RF / Microwave / Telecom.
- Experience with industry electronic test equipment (IFR / Anritsu / Midtronics / Bird / Rohde & Schwarz).
- Knowledge of engine generators, Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, solar charging systems, battery power systems, and cabling.
- Be able to obtain or maintain an Active Secret Clearance.
- Excellent organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a self-starter; communicative.
- Able to read and interpret schematics.
- It is desired that candidate reside in Anchorage, Kodiak, Valdez, Juneau or another larger South Central AK city.