Lynxnet, a wholly owned subsidiary of Akima LLC, is an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) and SBA 8(a) disadvantaged business providing proven and dependable system modernization services and IT program support. Our team is committed to satisfying our customer’s requirements by applying quality subject matter expertise and innovative technical solutions to every project through continual process improvement. Whatever the job may be, the Lynxnet Team will tailor each operation to ensure mission accomplishment, security, reliability and flexibility. With our ISO 9001:2008 certified Quality Management System, our clients can rest assured that they are working with a company that meets the highest criteria of a globally recognized industry standard. Our RF/Network Field Engineer will provide electronic system support to the U.S. Coast Guard’s Rescue 21 Alaska, Vessel Traffic Service, and National Automated Identification System (NAIS) in Alaska. The desired candidate will support CG assets in the Juneau area, and remote sites throughout the state of Alaska. This position may also be assigned occasional duty in other areas of Alaska to cover leaves of absence or to assist in project work. Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on USCG equipment and facilities.
- Provide written documentation/updates as required. This includes, but is not limited to- PM reports, CM ticket updates,inventory tracking/updates and reports, FRACAS reports, After Action reports, etc.
- Communicate any site conditions that effect or have the potential to effect site operations immediately to team projectmanager.
- Communicate and coordinate with managers, technicians, customers, and 3rd party contractors to eliminate or minimizedowntime of any/all operational assets.
- Assist other team members in daily activities and projects.
- Perform daily health checks of sites/equipment.
- Provide documentation related to routine work requirements, including but not limited to- expense reports, travelvouchers, safety training, etc.
- Provide on call response to both local and remote equipment.
- Work with a team during spring/fall to conduct maintenance trips to mountain-top communication sites.
- Maintain control and inventory of CG and company owned test equipment, materials, and other assets.
- Provide reports/status updates on all activities/projects.
- Work involves travel to remote, mountaintop locations and harsh environments. Overnight stays may berequired.
- Must be a US citizen and able to pass a background check with ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance.
- Valid US Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass a drug test prior to employment.
- Minimum of Associates in Electronics Technology or equivalent military education.
- Minimum four years’ experience (within the last six years) demonstrated in the following disciplines: analog/digitaltelecom; digital point to point microwave; HF/VHF radios; remote hybrid power systems and marine radar.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Climbing harness and associated rigging gear, safety glasses, hard hat provided in part byclient as well as assistance with steel-toed boots dependent on Agreement.
- Proficiency with laptop computers using Microsoft operating systems, serial, and network communication.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be willing/able to fly in helicopters and work in extreme conditions.
Desired Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA).
- Must exhibit high degree of interpersonal skills.
- Experience in data communications, RF / Microwave / Telecom.
- Experience with industry electronic test equipment (IFR / Anritsu / Midtronics / Bird / Rohde & Schwarz).
- Knowledge of engine generators, Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, solar charging systems, battery power systems, and cabling.
- Be able to obtain or maintain an Active Secret Clearance.
- Excellent organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a self-starter; communicative.
- Able to read and interpret schematics.
- It is desired that candidate reside in Anchorage, Kodiak, Valdez, Juneau or another larger South Central AK city.