Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production.
We are seeking RF design engineers to develop state of the art RF/mmW electronics for our GNSS and radar perception systems. You will play a key role in a small, growing and fast-moving radar team and will share in the responsibility for the support, design and development of next generation RF front-ends for Joby technology.
- Define, design and develop innovative mmW circuits and systems for complex radar systems.
- Simulate and model RF front-end systems to provide input for radar system and architecture design.
- Build microwave test fixtures and set to work new microwave hardware.
- Evaluate and characterize RF prototypes and components from suppliers.
- Collaborate with industry partners, contractors and other team members to implementate, integrate and test radar systems.
- Participate in the system engineering design process, including writing specifications and test plans, performance requirement analysis and participating in design reviews.
- Master’s degree or PhD in electrical engineering, or related discipline
- 2+ years experience in the design of microwave components or systems, such as LNA’s, mixers, oscillators, couplers and microwave synthesizers
- Experience with RF design and simulation tools such as ADS, HFSS, CST or other similar software
- Experience with general electronic design, including power supplies, microcontrollers, programmable logic, thermal design, schematic capture and printed circuit board layout
- Experience in performing detailed electronic component and system verification, including functional,environmental and regulatory compliance test
- Experience using standard electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzer
- Proficient in Python or other general purpose computer programming language
- Proven ability to solve complex math and electrical design problems
- Excellent communication and documentation skills to collaborate with other engineering disciplines
- Familiarity with antenna modelling, simulation and testing
- Familiarity Altium or other electronic design capture and layout tools
- Ability to assembly and rework electronic boards
- Familiarity with source control with git or other
- Understanding of DO-254, DO-160 and design of electronics for aircraft systems