Our culture empowers us to do things that other companies would find very difficult, if not impossible. It's uniquely Viasat and intentionally not like any other company.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting test engineering efforts for the production testing of RF products designed at Viasat. You will work closely with the product design team to interpret module requirements and turn them into corresponding Production Test Plans and Production Test Equipment requirements. You will also work with the Design Team during the Design Verification Test phase in order to help determine what level of testing is required for production. Once Production Test Requirements are defined, you will participate in the effort to develop and build custom test hardware and test software to meet these requirements. You will support contract negotiations, for all test related subject matters, with various Contract Manufacturers. In addition, you will participate in After Market Service approaches, strategy and execution of these same products.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or AS degree with equivalent experience.
- Leadership capabilities to help lead test technicians and test engineers.
- 3+ years of experience in RF system test and integration.
- Proficiency with test equipment such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal analyzers, digital signal generators and noise figure meters.
- Capable of creating test documentation and test strategies for systems, subsystems, and component level testing.
- Ability to architect, develop and implement test solutions that are deployable, maintainable, and cost-effective
- US government position. US citizenship required.
- Up to 10% Travel
- Operational knowledge of amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, and transceivers.
- Working knowledge of FPGAs and digital interfaces.
- Proficiency with programming in one or more languages such as LabView, C/C++, C#, Python or Visual Basic.
- Skilled in test automation and design of production test equipment for RF products.
- Experience working with supply chain on test-related negotiations and strategies
- Experience leading engineers or technicians.