Wolfspeed (Cree's Power & RF division) is one of the world's leading suppliers of gallium nitride (GaN) wafers and devices for RF communications, radar and electronic warfare. Our business is growing rapidly and is in need of a RF/Microwave Power Amplifier Design Engineering Lead for our Aerospace & Defense RF product development team. This role will have product design, test and evaluationresponsibilities as well as responsibility for leading projects, being a technical go-to person and mentoring design engineers.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
At Wolfspeed, you will:
- Design GaN high power transistors and amplifiers.
- Lead a team of design engineers and be involved in all products from cradle to handoff.
- Continue the acceleration of GaN adoption across the wireless frequency spectrum.
- Experience both depth and breadth – high power, high frequency, high efficiency, linearity, quick turn, test, characterization, production.
- Understand how what you do contributes to the bottom line of the organization.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Design of discrete, hybrid, and MMIC based packaged transistors and 50-ohm in/out high power amplifiers.
- Creation of custom electrical models of passive package parasitics and matching components such as alumina substrates, bondwire arrays, and high dielectric matching capacitors using industry standard 2.5D MoM and 3D FEM simulators.
- Device testing and characterization including s-parameter, large signal, load-pull, stability over temperature and VSWR, as well as market specific measurements on a per-product basis such as modulated signal measurements.
- Multistage circuit design and layouts based on existing designs
What you need for success:
- B.S.E.E. or equivalent experience
- 7 years microwave circuit design/measurement experience with 5 years of compound semiconductor, hybrid or MMIC power amplifier experience
- Working experience with industry standard non-linear circuit simulators ADS and MWO and electromagnetic modeling software (e.g. HFSS or equivalent)
- Working experience with microwave test equipment (e.g. Agilent VNAs) and standard device characterization/de-embedding techniques
- Experience mentoring other engineers professionally and technically while demonstrating the ability to complete design work as an individual within schedule constraints
- Experience with technical customer communications
- Excellent communication and team skills
- US Citizen or green card holder
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- M.S.E.E. or equivalent experience
- 10 years microwave circuit design experience with at least 7 years on GaAs or GaN hybrid and MMIC power amplifiers
- Experience managing or mentoring a team of engineers professionally and technically
- Experienced user of AWR and ADS non-linear circuit simulators
- Experienced user of Axiem and HFSS electromagnetic modeling software
- Experienced user of microwave test equipment
- Experience with standard device characterization/de-embedding techniques