Thorlabs is seeking an RF / Microwave engineer to participate in the development of next generation Scientific Instruments & RF Photonics Components. The successful candidate will conceive, design and prototype circuits and systems. Activities include simulation, design, documentation, vendor management, prototyping, and transfer to manufacturing. This position requires troubleshooting complex microwave electronics and system problems.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Take a design from an initial concept through prototyping, debugging and into manufacturing.
- Design and develop RF and MM Wave photonics components and electronics for analog systems.
- Develop hi speed electro-optic test systems and processes for manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve electronics related system issues.
- Select electronic component vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Complete electronics engineering documentation and material specifications.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in industry or research with RF / MM Wave design.
- Substantial experience in RFcircuit design, modeling and test.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout (Altium in particular) a plus
- Experience in analog/digital low noise and/or power electronics design and test a plus
- Experience in Microwave antenna design and test a plus
- A Master's or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering preferred or significant experience in Industry
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with RF simulation, in particular 3D modeling
- Understanding of and familiarity with RF / MM Wave test techniques and equipment
- Proven expertise in troubleshooting and resolving electronic issues in instruments
- Familiarity with design and implementation of optoelectronic circuits and control systems a plus
- Experience with SolidWorks a plus
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.