We are seeking candidates based in the Rochester, NY area with regional or national travel as required. The ideal candidate will be able to work collaboratively on deployment projects and will be responsible for components of the network design, installations, site surveys, and RF interference surveys. The RF Technician will also have troubleshooting and network tuning responsibilities for existing equipment on live parts of the network. Responsibilities:
- Provide level 1 support for field RFtechnicians and field contact for service clients.
- Assist Service Coordinator with field technical and safety processes.
- Install, remove, configure and make repairs to AMI/DA equipment at various locations within the network and related systems.
- Complete troubleshooting, and evaluate data related to RF/communication/microwave systems.
- Field Assess network design and report on issues regarding alternative design and network strengthening.
- Network equipment configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Other duties as assigned by Service Coordinator or Senior Technician.
- Regional and National travel when needed.
- 5+ years in technical field service and engineering, working with point to point and point to multipoint networks, mesh networks, and familiarity with both indoor and outdoor installations.
- Experience and understanding of RF propagation fundamentals, antenna theory, and troubleshootingnetwork devices.
- Proficient in use of Google Earth, Map Info, RF modeling software, network monitoring software, and spectrum analyzers.
- Clear understanding of radio frequencies and RFnetwork design lifecycle.
- Operate electronic test equipment including cable testers, fiber testers, battery testers, Ethernet Testers and otherRF analysis equipment.
- Ability to work, meet deadlines, and create high quality deliverables with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, Visio, and MS Project.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, presentation skills, and the ability to work on complex technical problems.
- Fiber experience a plus.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to criminal background check. Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment