Cobham is seeking an RF Engineer. Responsible for the design and development of RF/Analog systems and circuitry to 6 GHz. Develop system and module level requirements and specifications. Interface with other departments (Manufacturing, Marketing, Quality Assurance, etc.) to ensure producible, cost-effective designs that meet our customers? needs. Generate required documentation of design. Verify performance of design through test and analysis at both the module and system level. This position is located in Wichita, KS, Lenexa, KS, or Columbus, OH.
- Provides assistance in estimating project task and schedules. Also provides other information to management for planning purposes
- Demonstrates high degree of proficiency in discipline to determine good match between design requirement intended function and engineering implementation or methodology
- Can translate system level specifications to module level specifications
- Develops test plans for product verification. Assists test department and/or manufacturing for production test process/procedures creation
- Is knowledgeable with industry engineering standards
- Demonstrates proficiency in discipline to complete tasks independently
- Prepares design reviews with minimal assistance
- Assists in the definition of test requirement for product integration, and/or transition to manufacturing phase
- Creates or adapts circuits to meet intended requirements. Tests and troubleshoots circuits or SW as required
- Ensure product conforms to requirements by following established procedure and design standards
- Verifies items created or defined by developing and conducting tests to ensure specifications are met
- Ensures completion of all documentation required for production introduction and/or test tooling deployment
- Ensures successful transition of product into production by providing training and assistance to personnel outside of engineering department
- Selects/specifies components as required
- Can perform hardware tradeoff analyses and in many circumstances determine whether a design should be implemented in hardware
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Can lead or coordinate other engineers on certain activities to achieve task completion
- BS Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- 3years? of RF system design experience
- 3years? of RFcircuit design experience
- Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communications
- Experienceworking with cross-functional teams
- Experience using computer-aided design tools
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- BS Degree in ElectricalEngineering or Physics
- Experienced with communications and test equipment design
- Experience with transceiver design, or frequency conversion, or frequency synthesizers or PLL design with tight packaging constraints
- Experience leading a small design team
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it?s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.