Summary: The RF Engineer will be responsible for design, design review, acceptance, approval and troubleshooting a broad array of wireless communications networks. The candidate will have an understanding of wireless communication networking in the following areas: Designing sites for capacity and coverage and selecting new colocation sites, designing existing site for new frequencies, knowledge of cell site architecture, experience creating coverage predictions. Experience as engineer with commercial operator providing 3G and 4G using 700/1900/2100MHz radio networks.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design wireless networks primarily for LTE but also for UMTS and GSM systems
- Qualify candidate sites based on target objectives using predictive and collected data
- Participate in site walks to determine site suitability and constructability
- Plan and develop design in accordance with design standards to ensure system quality and meet requirements
- Use RF tools to perform radio propagation modeling and prediction
- Review design deliverables, identify risks and plans to mitigate risks
- Update site parameters to accommodate changes along the design cycle
- Act as engineering lead for all assigned sites
- Produce RFDS documents for both internal and external customers
- Communicate clearly and effectively with staff and management from own group and other groups (RF Performance, Construction, Site Acquisition, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in several of the following platforms and/or technologies: LTE, CDMA, EVDO, UMTS, GSM.
- Experience with office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, OneNote, Mapping tools.
- Minimum two years of experience as RAN Engineer or similar
- Minimum two years of experience with 3g and 4g technologies
- Minimum two years of experience RF propagation software and modelling
- BSEE preferred
- Adaptive and quick learner
- Great personal communication skills