DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We’re driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – and we’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
- Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
DISH Wireless is looking for a RF Wireless Planning and Optimization Engineer based in their local market. Engineers will report to the local Radio Frequency Planning and Optimization Manager and work with other local cross functional teams within the market.
- Perform RF design activities related to building the first standalone 5G broadband network in the US.
- Optimize the end-to-end RF design, propagation modeling and prediction, for deployment of Macro Cell deployment.
- Determine equipment and power configurations.
- Work with eNB/RAN and UE teams on RF solutions including modifications to RF link budgets on a per site level basis to meet operations requirements.
- Perform site candidate evaluation and selection as well as site walks.
- Work with RF Management to establish design criteria, link budget and traffic analysis as needed for network design and update existing performance parameters for ongoing improvements as required.
The ideal RF Wireless Design and Planning Engineer will have:
- BSEE/BSCS degree and/or at least 3 years of relevant LTE RF Design working experience, and 5+ years overall wireless experience in Design/Optimization or Operations roles including RF support of Site Acquisition and site Construction teams. Related Degree and Experience will be taken into consideration in lieu of BSEE/BSCS.
- Cellular/Mobile Technology proficiency in 4G/5G and NR theory and practical experience.
- Experience with macro and small cell nominal and final RF designs including development, operations, RF KPIs, and maintenance of RF link budgets for 3GPP technologies.
- Full proficiency in setting up, calibration, utilization and data processing of various LTE design and optimization equipment and software.
- Working knowledge of at least two of the common industry propagation/planning tools (like Planet or Atoll) and experience with model calibrations.
- Working knowledge of drive test data post-processing, map generation, frequency planning and interference matrix analysis and site database maintenance, using Windcatcher/Actix/Accuver.
- Understanding of equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators and experience performing inter-modulation and other external interference analysis.
We pride ourselves on developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer - Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. We are a true merit-based organization and work hard so there are no artificial barriers to one's potential success. DISH is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless.
Consistent with this commitment, DISH will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodation to otherwise qualified job applicants and employees with known physical or mental disabilities, unless doing so poses an undue hardship on the Company, poses a direct threat of substantial harm to the employee or others, or is otherwise not required by law.