- Responsible for specifying equipment, creating design drawings and layouts, and identifying appropriate frequency bands.
- Lead project meetings and make presentations.
- Routinely interact with clients to identify needs and requirements.
- Research existing client conditions and make recommendations to enhance large, complex telecommunication networks, owned and operated by private entities such as water and power utilities, educational institutions, and public safety agencies.
- Present complex technical data to audiences with non-technical backgrounds.
- Maintain records, lists and reports as required to ensure compliance with the client's schedule, accuracy of the budget, and adherence to procurement specifications.
- Keep informed of new communication methods and trends that affect the industry and recommend new practices or changes in programs or applications.
- Represent the organization and maintain connections within the industry and related organizations.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Must Have Skills:
- Ability to work in our Overland Park, KS office - either local or willing to relocate
- Typically a minimum of 7 years RF engineering related work experience in the telecommunications industry
- 3 years of engineering experience in design of communication projects for Utilities or Public Safety clients
- Bachelor's degree in engineering technology or sciences preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual uniquely qualified to perform the job responsibilities
- Industry recognized credentials preferred as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience preparing cost, schedule, and resource estimates and writing requests for proposals as well as responses to RFP's
- Broad technical knowledge of FCC regulations and industry trends
- Visibility to trending technology and ability to provide planning for our clients
- Capable of creating telecommunication master plans for our clients
- Ability to perform and coordinate all stages of RF design.
- Experience creating design drawings including interconnection diagrams and schematics
- Able to create and edit design and construction specifications.
- Registered Professional Engineer in at least one of 50 USA States
- Familiar with multiple LMR system architectures, dispatching considerations, antenna and feedline selection, coverage test methods
- Microwave system design experience: link budgets, site evaluation, path feasibility evaluation, on-site path studies, specification of equipment, antennas, feedlines, and diversity measures.
- Familiar with lightning protection and EMI prevention: Bonding, grounding, design and installation of GPR and surge protection equipment
- Working knowledge of Public Switched Telephone Networks (PSTN) and VoIP networks.
- Knowledge of the design, installation and provision a wide range of mission critical WANs/MANs/LANS and equipment – DWDM, SONET, Ethernet, MPLS, OTN, or other Carrier class networks.
- Installation and troubleshooting any or all of the above in the field.
- Preferred Non-Technical Skills: . Written Communications . Drive For Results . . Priority Setting . Planning . Delegation . Directing Others . Conflict Management . Informing . Listening . Dealing with Ambiguity . . Building Effective Teams . Supervisor Skills
- Preferred Technical Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines
- Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends
- Intermediate knowledge of company quality program
- Intermediate knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles
- Intermediate knowledge of procurement and contract administration
- Working knowledge of process, procedures for project controls and estimating.Intermediate knowledge of technical aspects of the proposal process
- Intermediate knowledge of company/division/HR programs, policies, procedures, and organization structure
- Intermediate knowledge of management techniques and administrative practices