Job Description, Required Skills, Education, Experience:
• Supervise on-site engineering and/or design staff on several medium to large projects.
• Responsible for specifying equipment, creating design drawings and layouts, and identifying appropriate frequency bands.
/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
PE License required A MUST
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience:
- Registered Professional Engineer in at least one of 50 USA States
• Extensive experience creating design drawings including interconnection diagrams and schematics
• Advanced knowledge of RF planning process and use of propagation tools in point-to-point, point-to-multipoint design of highly reliable radio
• Ability to perform and coordinate all stages of RF design, including: optimal site selection, link budget analysis, and RF sweep evaluation.
• 10 years of engineering experience in design of communication projects. 15 years preferred.
• Excellent supervisory, budgeting and delegation skills.
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Familiar with selection of AC and DC power solutions: UPSs, battery and rectifier equipment, protection equipment (fuses, circuit breakers, low-voltage disconnect)
• Able to create and edit design and construction specifications.
• Experience preparing cost, schedule, and resource estimates and writing responses to RFP's.
• Familiar with multiple LMR system architectures, dispatching considerations, antenna and feedline selection, coverage test methods
• Experience in designing or supporting a Utility Company’s telecommunication systems.
• Familiar with lightning protection and EMI prevention: Bonding, grounding, design and installation of GPR and surge protection equipment
• Microwave Experience: link budgets, site evaluation, path feasibility evaluation, on-site path studies, specification of equipment, antennas, feedlines, and diversity measures.
• Working knowledge of Public Switched Telephone Networks (PSTN) and VoIP networks.
• Knowledge of the design, installation and provision a wide range of mission critical WANs/MANs/LANS and equipment – DWDM, SONET, Ethernet, MPLS, OTN, or other Carrier class networks.
• Installation and troubleshooting any or all of the above in the field.