- Take responsibility for RF Desense performance evaluation and data analysis on a wide variety of projects for various wireless technologies including GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC and Cellular, in order to optimize overall system performance.
- Define RF Desense test requirements and methodology, design and implement test systems, debug and resolve issues, and manage the process to ensure our products meets all RF Desense performance specifications. Implement test stations at the factory to gather statistics, screening devices for RF Desense performance, and mock-up and proposal of design changes to resolve any issues found.
- Understand all applicable wireless technologies (e.g. IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, GSM, UMTS, CDMA and LTE) and industry standards (e.g. 3GPP, WiFi Alliance, IEEE, and Bluetooth SIG) in relation to our products.
- Work closely with internal and external engineering groups to debug RF Desense issues and provide system mitigations to optimize performance.
- Create flex, PCB and system designs that meet challenging RF Desense performance requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in RF and Electrical Engineering component characteristics/behavior. Experience performing RF RX sensitivity tests in a radiated environment.
- Experience with wireless co-existence and Desense mitigation schemes.
- Experience with RF lab equipment including call boxes, power meters, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators/analyzers and oscilloscope.
- Experience in and understanding of RF hardware and system design, as well as experience with current and upcoming RF standards.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic and antenna theory inside portable wireless devices, including proper grounding, isolation and Desense mitigation techniques.
- Ability to perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental modifications to intricate hardware.