Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range ofproducts.
The candidate will be a member of the Irvine advance technology and product Wireless group. As a senior member of the team, the designer will be responsible for systems design and implementation tasks associated withphysical layer algorithms used in wireless products. The candidate must be a team player, self-motivated with good communication skills to work withcross-functional teams.
- Detailed top level design and simulation modeling of wireless communications systems including RF, analog, digital baseband and digital processing subsystems
- Development of detailed specifications for both RF/Analog and digital baseband PHY hardware blocks
- PHY performance characterization and optimization and SoC functional verification against system models and real world testing scenarios
- Development of PHY system models to aid in decision-making process and optimization of SoC cost, power consumption and size
- Involved with chip and reference design bring-up, driving performance testing and evaluation, and trouble-shooting problems and issues.
- Working within a team of RTL design/verification experts and along with DSP, mixed-signal, and RF designers you will help realize complex, highly integrated ASICs
- Design documentation and IP generation.
- With a minimum of an MS degree (PhD degree is highly preferred)
- 10 plus years of applicable experience in WLAN, Bluetooth, Zigbee and physical layer design.
- Demonstrable experience of multiple full IC/SoC design-cycle from definition to volume production
- Strong background in digital signal processing and communication theory
- Ability to design, analyze and simulate algorithms using Matlab/C/C++
- Experience in the architecture / RTL design of signal processing. Wireless protocols including 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth and Zigbee
- Ability to understand system-level issues in a complex mobile wireless system
- Be able to work in a group setting
- Work with team members to resolve technical issues
- Meet deadlines and schedules as part of a team effort
- Help estimate time to accomplish tasks
- Communicate progress regularly
- Identify and resolve schedule issues
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities toapplicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.