RF Bench Test Product Engineer
Milpitas, California, United States · Engineering
The Bench Engineer will be responsible for testing semiconductorRF products using instruments like Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Power Meter, Oscilloscope etc. In addition, they will be responsible for understanding the customer product specifications, designing and assisting in the layout of bench boards. When testing complete, the test data will then have to be compiled, summarized and prepared for submission to the customer. They may have to correlate bench results with the ATE. Strong knowledge in RF design, testing and hands-on RF testing experience is vital. A high mathematical aptitude is a pre-requisite for this position. Advanced Excel skill is a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop automated or semi-automated test scripts for bench evaluation/testing of various RF IC’s and discrete devices.
- Develop test/characterization plan.
- Design and review test board schematic and PCB.
- Comprehend test results to conclude and determine action
- Accurately and insightfully organize data into presentation format for delivery to the customer
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build meaningful and productive relationships with internal business partners.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- DUE TO EXPORT CONTROL RULES, MUST BE A US CITIZEN.
- 3-5 years of Bench Test Engineeringexperience
- Strong background with Python or LabVIEW programming language.
- Knowledge of GPIB commands for instrument control.
- Knowledge of device communication interfaces, i.e. SPI, I2C, UART and JTAG.
- Knowledge of device qualification/reliability test requirement.
- Technical degree, with some undergraduate EE classes strongly considered. EE degreepreferred.
- Must be well versed with bench test equipment, i.e., oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, power meter, DC power supplies, VNA’s, etc.
- Ability to analyze schematics and create schematic capture and design based on test plan or customer requirements.
- Agilent 93K ATE experience a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal