At Oculus Research, we’re developing the future of augmented reality. We are looking for anexperienced Antenna Engineer to help advance the state of the art in AR wireless connectivity. You will be aimed at pushing beyond the state of the art for developing wireless technologies that will enable the future of augmented reality.
- Design antenna solutions and their supportcircuits for a range of wireless systems that will enable the AR experience with stringent constraints on power, form-factor and coverage
- Create the lab infrastructurerequired to simulate, prototype, and test antennas for the various needs of an AR system
- Drive invention and evolution of RF wireless system architectures to enable incredible experiences for future products
- Collaborate with system, electrical, firmware, validation, product development and software engineers to build amazing products
- Device characterization, calibration, and validation
- Perform link budget calculations
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in antenna design for small form factor designs close to the human body like cell phones, wearables, and tablets
- Design experience with WLAN, Bluetooth/BLE, WiGig, LTE and/or future 5G technologies
- Knowledge with 3D EM simulation tools such as HFSS, and Wave Propagation software such as Savant
- Knowledge with antenna prototyping tools and techniques
- Knowledge in basic RF concepts such as impedance matching, Smith Charts
- Experience and knowledge with radiation pattern and Over the Air (OTA) measurements for WIFI, BT, Cellular, 4G/5G, GPS, etc. using anechoic and/or reverberation chambers
- Knowledge of body proximity on antenna performance
- Knowledge of wave propagation, current distributions, EM field distributions, etc.
- Knowledge with PCB layout fundamentals
- Experienced with designing antennas for consumer electronic devices (GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth, NFC, Cellular, WiGig, etc.)
- Experience integrating antennas and solving antenna system issues
- Knowledge of antenna radiation pattern and antenna isolation optimization
- Demonstrated experience of working in a team environment
- Communication experience
- PhD in Electrically Small Antenna Theory
- Familiarity with RFcircuit simulation tools such as Optenni Lab
- Experience with drafting wireless product specifications
- Experience with different antenna manufacturing processes (LDS, FPC, Stamped Metal, etc.)
- Experience with characterization of electrical properties of materials
- Experience with design of antenna fixtures for mass production
- Hands-on with lab equipment such as network analyzers, communication testers (CMW 500, Anritsu, etc.), spectrum analyzers, channel emulators, SPEAG SAR equipment, power meters, near field scanners, etc.
- Understanding of Specific Absorption Rate standards and mitigation techniques
- Experience with troubleshooting issues such as receiver desense, load-pull, etc.
- Experience with best design practices for EMI/EMC, ESD and RF signal routing
- Experience with operator and certification requirements for Cellular, WIFI, BT and GPS