Ethertronics is seeking an RFIC/Analog Design Engineer. This Design engineer will be responsible for the development of RF LNAs and analogcircuits in SOI or CMOS technology for front-end modules applications. Candidate will work in a team environment and will provide technical leadership in all phases of product development, including product definition, architecture, system, transistor-level circuit design, layout and/or layout supervision, lab debug and production support. Knowledge of switch design, filter, analog blocks and module design wireless systems is a plus. Familiarity with WIFI standards will be useful. The candidate must be able to work well with other design engineers, system engineers and layout designers. The candidate will face challenging tasks to meet critical performance parameters in the design state-of-the-art LNAs and Switches. Very good understanding of semiconductor physics and strong circuit simulation skills utilizing the Cadence environment are necessary.
This RF design engineer position will focus on development of front-end receiver circuitry including Low Noise Amplifiers, RFswitches, Peak detectors, RF filters, BGAP, LDOs and etc.
Location: Irvine or San Diego US
- MSEE degree with at least 3 years of industry experience (or PhD +1) designing RF integrated circuits, including low noise amplifiers and RFswitches.
- Strong analogcircuit design experience. Solid understanding of receiver circuits such as LNA, switch, bias, bandgap, LDO, op amps etc
- Experience designing with CMOS/bipolar/SOI devices and models.
- Strong knowledge of semiconductors, analogcircuits, RF design fundamentals, wireless systems and electromagnetics.
- Understanding of RF design parameters and concepts including gain, noise figure, S parameters, impedance matching, harmonics, stability, P1dB, IIP2/3, IMD …
- Strong hands on experience in the lab matching simulation and measurement results
- Experience with EM simulation tools such as HFSS and EMX
- Proficient with cadence and spectre RF
- Strong hands on experience using RF test equipment including spectrum analyzer, vector network analyzer, noise figure meter, and impedance tuner.
- Demonstrate experience debugging, resolving and applying techniques to mitigate analog/RF/mixed signal noise issues and RF coupling, shielding and grounding.
- Position requires good communication/presentation skills, and an ability to mentor less experienced engineers.