Revenue Supervisor (Regulatory Emphasis)
Requisition #17-314.ALocation US-TX-Houston CategoryAccounting
Hilcorp, founded in 1989, is one of the largest privately-held oil and natural gas exploration and production companies in the United States and is the largest oil producer in Louisiana. Headquartered in Houston, TX, Hilcorp has over 1,350 employees in multiple operating areas including the Gulf Coast of Texas and Louisiana, the Northeast United States, and Alaska's Cook Inlet and North Slope. Our formula is to grow the company by leveraging our core competencies and operational expertise. Our proficiency in these key areas has resulted in significant growth over the last several years. Hilcorp is consistently acknowledged for its culture, values and ethics. In fact we have been recognized by multiple, local and national, publications as one of the best places in America to work. In addition Hilcorp has also been commended for its unique programs that foster charitable giving by its employees and our emphasis on partnering with the communities in which we operate. We take great pride in our accomplishments and strive to maintain a culture that will allow for continued growth.
Hilcorp Energy is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
- Manages and supervises revenue accounting department to achieve goals within available resources; plans and organizes workloads and staff assignments; trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned staff; and reviews progress and directs changes as needed.
- Supervises Regulatory Reporting for highly complicated fields for states which Hilcorp operates.
- Supervises timely and accurate reporting of federal (ONRR) and state royalty and taxreports and payments.
- Supervises recording of revenue sales for all products and accounts receivable reconciliation.
- Supervises and reviews general ledger (G/L) account reconciliation reports.
- Supervises gas balancing and pipeline imbalance accounting.
- Supervises invoicing for royalties and taxes paid for partners on a monthly basis.
- Supervises the reporting of sales variance analysis and explains for major sales fluctuations.
- Performs special projects that require knowledge of oil and gas revenue accounting.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment and innovation.
- Supports company vision and mission.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings.
- Ability to remain professional, positive, determined and focused when facing challenging situations.
- Background in royalty reporting and ONRR reporting preferred.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects company assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ten (10) years minimum experience in oil and gas revenue regulatory accounting.
- Ability to solve problems accurately and exhibit exceptional proficiency in data management, including spreadsheet proficiency.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the public.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex operational information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Proficiency in the use and application of the following software:
Required: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
Preferred: Working knowledge of oil and gas accounting systems.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in accounting, or equivalent experience.