This position is primarily responsible for all acute and non-acute Revenue Cycle analytical needs. This includes the creation and maintenance of scorecards, dashboards, and ad hoc reporting using a variety of source systems and presentation software. In addition, this position is required to provide analytical insight regarding all reports. This position is responsible to discover root causes and to develop a corrective action plan. Recommends modifications to established practices & procedures or system functionality as needed tosupport revenue cycle and then manages implementation of those recommended changes. The senior analyst will work with internal customers to ensure newly implemented workflows and procedures, support revenue cycle integrity and to achieve revenue cycle’s financial goals. The senior analyst participates in implementation of new & existing functionality to support revenue cycle processes.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
It is expected that all of the Essential Functions and Responsibilities identified below will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of Mercy Healthcare Partners, which are: Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Compassion, Sacredness of Life and Service.
- To discover the root cause of data flow issues, recommend changes, and to assist with the resolution
- To discover and to refine revenue cycle’s staffs efficiencies
- To implement improvements to data flow and workflow
- To discover trends in Revenue Cycle metrics, recommend changes, and to assist with the resolution
- Collaborates with colleagues to determine information needs, assess information availability, access and analyze appropriate data and finalize reports.
- Prepares and coordinates the review and submission of regional survey requests for all revenue cycle related projects.
- Serves as a consultant to the regions and corporate staff.
- Performs routine and ad hoc revenue cycle and financial reports and analysis using Excel, Business Objects, SQL database and other software tools.
- Interprets and summarizes information, performs statistical test & analysis.
- Performs database editing/auditing functions to maintain and/or improve data quality.
- Creates and maintains revenue cycle scorecards and dash boards.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of experience desired
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and SQL queries
- Working knowledge of business objects is preferred
- Excellent computer, proof reading, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with CHP internal and external customer base.
- Ability to work independently, proactively with limited supervision and also as a team player when called upon.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain the security of confidential information.