At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on, results-driven Revenue Manager to play a key role within Veeva's revenue operations team. Revenue Operations Manager will work as part of the Global Revenue Operations team and will be responsible for leading the US team of Revenue Analysts focused on the processing of monthly sales activity. Manager will also be responsible for the oversight on drafting large and complicated order and SOW's in conjunction with the business. Additionally, the position will be directlyinvolved in some aspects of revenue accounting, including management of deferred subscription revenue and identification of multi-element revenue arrangements.
What You'll Do
- Manage and continue to hire members of the US Revenue Analysts team
- Manage the finance relationship with regional sales teams, supporting nonstandard deal structuring, including approval of non-standard contract terms and conditions.
- Contract, Order and SOW review and analysis
- Participate in the month-end close process, which includes reviewing and/or verifying the accuracy of journal entries, revenue accruals, account reconciliations and fluctuation analysis while maintaining effective internal controls to drive compliance with SOX requirements.
- Work with the external auditors to provide the required support for the quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Partner with the FP&A team on the revenue forecasting process to evolve it to a scalable, systematic process.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation
- Assist with management reporting
- 3-5 years people management
- 5-7 years public or private high-tech company experience in revenue recognition, deal desk and or order management, preferably in a SaaS business
- BS in Finance or Accounting
- Detail-oriented with superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret customer contracts
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional business partnering skills, with demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and atvarious levels within a company
- Proven track record of driving projects to completion
- Highly organized with ability to multi task
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of NetSuite, RevPro and Salesforce.com
- Experience with SaaS
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs