The Revenue Operations Manager is responsible for providing operational management with a focus on optimization of reimbursement through leadership and oversight of medical billing/AR Follow-Up through enforcement of policies and procedures while streamlining processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
*Plan, direct and evaluate follow-up and collections to ensure consistent positive cash flow to achieve operational efficiencies.
*Reviews current status of patient accounts to identify and resolve billing and processing problems in a timely manner.
*Directly supervises accounts receivable collection team. Monitors progress of team on a daily basis and redirects follow-up efforts as appropriate.
*Provides leadership to ensure timely, efficient and accurate processing of claims; timely initial billing, follow-up, payment posting and denial management.
*Work collaboratively with all levels of personnel and management on revenue cycle performance to meet strategic goals and develop all guidelines, policies, and procedures through use of data analysis.
*Continually monitor billable revenues to identify and explain significant variances.
*Coordinate and lead scheduled management meetings; conduct detailed review of key performance indicators and trends within accounts receivable.
* Review and auditcontractual write-offs and denials to identify potential reimbursement issues and opportunities.
*Assess departmental capabilities and monitor staff performance.
*Monitor accounts sent for collections and reimbursement received from insurance companies and other third party payers.
*Ensure productivity of billing and collections team by developing and/or updating billing and collection processes, methods, policies, guidelines, best practices.
*Daily, monthly and annual reporting, bench marking and trending maximizing technology to improve function. Analyzing and summarizing data with subsequent communication to senior leadership and clinical operations.
*Strategically identifies and communicates critical success factors necessary to support financial and organizational goals.
*Supervise the use of revenue information systems/ software and maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of the system, reporting relevant information to senior leadership.
We offer advancement opportunities, hands-on training, and benefits including: medical / dental / vision coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, education reimbursement, free life insurance, pre-tax matching 401k plan, pre-tax flexible spending plan, and a host of other perks!
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree - preferred in business, healthcare, accounting or finance or equivalent of education and experiencerequired.
- Minimum of 5 years previous healthcare administration /revenue cycle, billing management with experience in Worker's compensation/no fault.
- Working knowledge of full scope revenue cycle management process; patient registration, coding, billing, payment posting, revenue assurance, billing integrity, denial tracking/resolution, accounts receivable, medical terminology, payer contract familiarity with worker's compensation and no fault billing.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in large scale receivables management.
- Ability to perform strategic planning and prioritize goals.
- Experience implementing and maintaining billing system.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office with advanced Excel skill.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to identify trends, opportunities for improvement and effectively communicate both orally and in writing and present information and respond to questions knowledgeably.
- Ability to manage mutiple projects.