Revenue Manager - Systems & Operations
Juniper Networks is seeking a Revenue Manager to join the Global Revenue Recognition team. This position will be primarily responsible for managing and supporting the systems and operational aspects for the revenue function in the QTC and RTR cycle in accordance with US GAAP, and implement necessary system enhancements for the business accounting and reports requirement for automation under ASC 606.
- Manage and lead the worldwide revenue SAP system close with a focus on continuous process improvement in system efficiency and accuracy.
- Lead and implement process and technology solutions to facilitate optimal revenue cycle efficiencies.
- Partner with Technical Revenue and Revenue Operations to support new product and solution offerings, evolving revenue models and channel programs for close and reporting.
- Coordinate with IT for system implementation for ASC 606 including drafting business development requirements, reviewing IT functional design and leading the user acceptance testing.
- Review schedules for both internal and external reporting as well as work with external auditors to address issues as needed
- Assist with SOX 404 control design for the system changes and new revenue standard. Perform compliance testing and ensure related documentation is updated on a timely basis
- Drive best practice policies and procedures for the company’s end to end processes by working closely with cross functional teams such as GTM, QTC and RTR.
- Is a positive role model to peers and staff in order to lead and motivate others and to promote high standards
- Assist with management revenue reporting and analytics
- Train the revenue team and other cross functional teams on the system functionalities and best practice policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of progressive experience in revenue accounting & reporting
- Previous experience managing revenue close in a publicly traded company required
- Experienced in ASC 985-605, ASC 605-25, ASU 2009-13 and ASU 2009-14
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and execute in a fast paced environment with attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify problems and provide solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and cross functional organizations
- Thinks strategically and executes with operational effectiveness
- Proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP (CRM and ECC) and Business Intelligence experiencerequired
- CPA or other relevant certification preferred
- Knowledge of ASC 606 preferred
- Channel Sales Accounting or Finance experiencepreferred
- ERP system implementation experiencepreferred
- Relocation is available for the right candidate