Revenue Integrity Procedure Improvement Program Senior Manager
5 - 7 years experience •
This position provides a leadership role in process outcome analysis, improvement, implementation and measurement under the guidance of the Revenue Integrity Executive Oversite Committee and reports directly to Banners RIA Director. This position will also work directly with facility CFOs, C-suite and directors as the Revenue Integrity department key contact representative to the facility. This position collaborates and works closely with corporate, facility and discipline team leaders to enhance understanding of associated net revenue integrity processes and outcomes. Also provide solutions that will lead to system-wide, standardized best practices in Revenue Integrity work process to the benefit of Banner and operational units while assisting in the implementation of the improved revenue integrity processes.
- Evaluates submitted process improvement ideas, submitted personally or from others, to determine scope, root cause, operational impact, ROI opportunities and costs, and submits in a standardized template for review by the Executive Oversight team. Proposals will seek to improve efficiency, effectiveness and best practice standardization of associated Revenue Integrity processes.
- Meets with the Executive Oversight team to review submitted process improvement ideas to determine viability and prioritization for process redesign to address process gaps and create system-wide, standardized best practice Revenue Integrity work processes and solutions.
- As assigned, leads individual process improvement initiatives to research, define, design and implement system-wide, standardized best practice Revenue Integrity work processes and solutions. Facilitates coordination with other relevant system leaders in the research, define and design process as part of membership on the initiative team.
- Develops needed improvement process implementation materials including communication, training, policies/procedures and monitoring to ensure successful implementation of the improvement solution.
- Works as a visible and credible change agent with facility leadership to help build a culture that engages in complex problem resolution and process improvement.
- In collaboration with other Revenue Integrity Sr Managers and support analysts, develops and implements standardized approaches to analyze Revenue Integrity dashboards to identify process trends, issues, root causes and opportunities for improvement.
- Regularly meets with facility C-suite, CFOs and directors to share the findings from the dashboard analysis with recommendations to assist facility leadership in understanding their facility performance, challenges and needs for process improvement by addressing root cause process gaps. Would also attend/present other facility Revenue Integrity related meetings such as Denials, Compliance, etc.
- Provides assistance, coordination and education on Revenue Integrity related issues in a consultant capacity, as necessary to internal customers.
Requires a Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 5 years prior work experience in healthcare revenue integrity or related field in a hospital/integrated healthcare delivery system. Requires working knowledge of reimbursement methodologies, laws and regulations pertaining to healthcare industry. Requires strong interpersonal skills, collaboration and presentation skills in working with leaders on complex issues at various levels of the organization. Must demonstrate a record of leadership with effective communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills as well as ability to identify and meet customer needs in a team environment. Requires effective negotiation capabilities and ability lead in a highly matrixed environment. Must be proficient with one or more operating systems, spreadsheets, database managers, presentations programs, and word processors. Must have working knowledge in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point).
Additional related education and/or experiencepreferred.