$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
SHIFT: Work From Home
Work From Home/Remote
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others?
At HCA Healthcare, you have options. Create a customizable health insurance plan that will best suit your family's lifestyle. Choose from the medical, vision, and dental plans that you need. You can also take advantage of unique employee benefits such as the Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Tuition Reimbursement, Consumer Discounts, Student Loan repayment, and our matching 401k.
The Revenue Integrity Manager is responsible for the daily operations of most functions, has oversight of the RI team members and serves as a liaison between the Revenue Integrity Department of the SSC and the facilities they serve. This position will work directly with the staff to ensure quality and efficiency of certain elements of claims processing and charge capture. This position will work directly with the facility CFO as Revenue Integrity Department representative and serve as a key promoter of the Shared Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers. This position will support leadership with detailed account flow analysis and work standard review, especially as they relate to quality and production of work.
In this role you will:
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory changes impacting charging practices.
• Maintain QA statistics as needed and report results to the Revenue Integrity Director
• Directly oversee the daily activities of the RI Analyst to ensure department standards are met
• Track, trend, and analyze unbilled reports, charge review results and action plans. Provide feedback to RI Director and facilities regarding identified issues.
• Work closely and professionally with nursing and ancillary departments in an effort to maintain a teamwork approach
• Assist Revenue Integrity Director to ensure all personnel and department policies and procedures are followed.
• Establish and maintain relationships with all customers, including: SSC executive management team, hospital executive management, department directors, Revenue Integrity staff and others as needed or required
• Assist with providing input regarding staff evaluations with to the Revenue Integrity Director.
• Work as a liaison between the RI staff and other SSC staff
• Assist with the processing of payroll for your direct reports by maintaining employee edit requests, PTO requests, etc.
• Maintain accurate attendance records for employees
• Identify staffing needs and communicate those needs to the RI Director
• Schedule and assist with evaluation processes; help resolve employee concerns
• Openly communicate issues and opportunities to appropriate person(s)
• Supervise and maintain effectiveness of workflow and staff responsibilities
• Mentor staff and Team Leads for career development.
• Screen, interview, and hire new employees
• Arrange for the training of new employees and continually educate staff of any changes pertinent to their roles
• Review each staff member's productivity on a regular basis and perform annual evaluations
• Counsel staff with disciplinary and productivity issues
• Staff and order supplies according to budget guidelines and department needs
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required. Equivalent work experience may substitute education requirements
Minimum three years' experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience OR completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
If you have experience in hospitality, retail, or other service industries, this could be your next opportunity! We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today and join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Valid Through: 2019-10-22