Revenue Cycle Operations Senior Analyst
Revenue Cycle Operations Senior Analyst serves as industry experts while they implement best practices in RadNet client/partner locations. This is an analytical and process driven role with the primary focus of improving Revenue Cycle processes and operational outcomes by combining healthcare experience and background with the understanding of RadNet solutions to bring world class results in Revenue Cycle support to its nationwide partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpret basic revenue cycle and financial data. Maintain data basis and templates and ensure the integrity by monitoring and auditing outputs. Run routine reports using various systems to extract data.
- Support RadNet leadership's strategic, financial and operational decision making. Collaborate with management staff to provide rigorous analysis in support of RadNet revenue cycle operational objectives. Maintain a portfolio of monthly revenue cycle reports, dashboards, and ad hoc reports as requested. Prepare reports summarizing findings, understand potential root cause and maintain updates to action plans created to remedy issues.
- Work closely with Senior Vice President, Revenue Cycle Operations to identify trends and opportunities for areas of improvement.
- Responsible for the reporting and analysis of A/R in support of assigned RCM departments, as well as Accounting, Finance, Business Systems, and Coding, as needed.? Understand key revenue cycle metrics and performance indicators and provide reporting of operational and financial performance.
- Responsible for balancing tie outs from billing and patient accounting systems (eRad, Imagine, 3M, Availity) to Financial Database on a weekly and monthly basis. Assist with reconciliation of workflow assignments to ensure no gaps in actionable follow up activities.
- Analyze A/R, collection, reimbursement trends and RCM performance. Provide feedback to RCM leadership as assigned, which may include but is not limited to:
o Reporting at Revenue Cycle Operations monthly operations meetings.
o Identification of root causes obtained through analysis and communicate findings as appropriate.
o Create, maintain and distribute monthly staffing matrices to RCM leadership to determine necessary staffing to support operations.
- Evaluate and interpret data to monitor performance, identify trends and determine root cause issues.
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) findings of analyses and audits to support operation and financial decisions.
- Understand and represent Radnet revenue cycle support services and how they will improve partner operations.
- Collaborate with geographically separated revenue cycle teams to facilitate resolution of process issues and implement world-class solutions.
- Serve as a resource for special projects and priority analysis assignments.
- Effective at working both data detail level and a strategic thinking level.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Project responsibilities may include:
o Analyzing large data sets and identifying and interpreting patterns and trends in the data.
o Evaluating business processes, identifying opportunities for improvement and making recommendations to clients.
o Managing multiple client-related priorities concurrently and addressing issues accordingly.
o Communicating project status regularly with manager.
o Writing client reports including summarization of project objectives, approach and results.
- Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of the position described above. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
RadNet is an equal employment opportunity employer and treats all applicants and employees in a fair and non-discriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender-identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran/military status, qualified disabled veteran, marital/ domestic partnership status, religious creed, medical condition, sexual orientation, political activity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare Administration, Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years most recent work experience in Revenue Cycle Management including patient access, financial analysis, patient finance, or consulting in a senior level position.
- Expert in MS Office Suite productivity tools (Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience in business intelligence visualization tools.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- A high degree of self-motivation, versatility and flexibility.
- Intuitive and skilled at problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills and ability to facilitate meetings with senior leadership both internally and externally.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Prior experience in revenue management, patient financial services, and/or health information systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills are needed in order to interact effectively with all levels of management, as well as non-managerial staff members.
- Ability to identify, analyze and effectively address complex issues. Expertise in data extraction and database queries.