Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Reporting to the Director of Patient Financial Services, this position is responsible for managing, directing, and monitoring all operational aspects associated with daily operations within Patient Financial Services. This position is responsible for managing audits of medical and related billing/reimbursement records in order to evaluate their accuracy and compliance with Health System policies, government regulations and third party payer contracts. This position in responsible for monitoring Medicare billing edits and identifying trends to determine systemic issues and recommend improvements. This position is responsible for preparing written reports summarizing audit findings and, making recommendations for improvement and correction where identified. The Manager will also be responsible for identifying compliance risk areas and assisting with the development of and implementation of staff training programs and policies where indicated. The Manager reports to the Johns Hopkins Health System Director of Patient Financial Services, but will be expected to present audit findings and interact with Senior Johns Hopkins Health System management including the V.P. of Compliance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Health Administration, Finance, Registered Nurse or other clinical or related field or 15years of direct management experience in hospital receivables within an academic health system. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, or Information Management is preferred.
Required Licensure Certification, etc.
- Certification in Patient Accounts Management or Health Care Compliance preferred.
- Health care-related licensure or certification in nursing, or other clinically related fields preferred (CPC-H)
- A minimum of seven years of progressive financialexperience, hospital receivables management experience, and Patient Accounting System(s) within a medical center or health system.
- A minimum of four years of direct management experience
- Experienced in business office within highly motivated environment.
- Experienced in using team building and quality management concepts to positively influence the work environment.