5 - 7 years
Posted 178 days ago
UR Medicine is made up of many parts, all devoted to providing highly advanced medical care. Our Mission of ?Ever Better* means we improve the well-being of patients and communities by delivering innovative, compassionate, patient and family-centered health care, enriched by education, science and technology.
The University of Rochester?s Medical Faculty Group (URMFG) supports administrative and financial activities for over 900 Specialists and Primary Care practitioners. We are also embarking on an exciting implementation of the ePARC record system. UR Medicine will be able to deliver better, patient-friendly interactions, and provide extensive customer service by integrating clinical and revenue-cycle activities into one system.
To support this effort, URMFG is looking for a Senior Revenue Cycle Manager to oversee Ophthalmology billing. This is an exciting opportunity to impact the design of our billing system and develop new processes that will improve our revenue cycle.
The Senior Revenue Cycle Manager drives enterprise revenue cycle results by managing centralized processes that expedite reimbursement, create operational efficiencies and improve the overall patient experience. The Senior Revenue Cycle Manager also analyzes operational and performance data for Ophthalmology billing, reporting regularly to the Director of Revenue Cycle and Program Administrator regarding financial and operational performance.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Effectively managing Ophthalmology billing receivables, identifying problem areas and directing efforts to resolve any deficiencies.
* Performing quality assurance checks to track timeliness and accuracy of posting, billing and collections activities.
* Directing the activities of Ophthalmology billing office employees, including hiring, training and performance evaluations.
* Analyzing performance metrics and developing performance improvement plans, reporting results to the Director of Revenue Cycle and Program Administrator.
* Bachelor?s degree and 5 years of relevant experience in a billing office
* Master?s degree or specialized experience in Ophthalmology billing is desirable
* Multi-practice or enterprise-level billing experience is desirable
* Excellent analysis, problem solving and communication skills
* Proven leadership experience that demonstrates a solid understanding of the revenue cycle across all Billing roles
The University of Rochester is dedicated to providing our employees with top-notch family care as part of our extensive benefits package. By offering diverse programs, support, and resources to our employees and their families, we strive to support a healthy work-life balance. Benefits offerings include:
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Family Care
* Perks, Services and Discounts
* Wellness Programs
* Fitness Center
* Tuition Reimbursement and Discounted Tuition
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled