Do you want to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment? Build your career at Parallon, where succession planning is highly valued and servant leadership is rewarded.
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture.
The Underpayment Resolution Manager works in our Revenue Cycle Service Center and is responsible for managing activities related to analysis and collection of verified health insurance underpayments.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage daily activities related to underpayment resolution functions, ensuring processes are performed efficiently and effectively
- Ensure that underpayment discrepancies are collected timely and accurately
- Meet with payers to resolve ongoing payment resolution issues
- Coordinate with all necessary departments on contract issues related to underpayment discrepancies
- Analyze trends in underpayment inventory and work with insurance companies to resolve underlying reasons
- Perform QA for all processes within the Underpayment Resolution area
- Screen, interview and hire new employees
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
- Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
- Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required. Equivalent work experience may substitute education requirements
- Minimum three years’ experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience OR completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.