About the Position:
We work in a close knit atmosphere and provide our employees with an outstanding work environment. The responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of resources responsible for supporting the Company's billing and collections function
- Play a key role in developing strategic initiatives regarding the revenue cycle
- Be responsible for driving compliance with Medicare and Commercial billing standards
- Manage preparation of monthly analysis of revenue to identify trends, potential errors or system issues.
- Analyze key revenue indicators to identify opportunities for revenue optimization
- Analyze financial impact of proposed changes in regulations and reimbursement and prepare forecasts of revenue based on those changes.
- Coordinate with Accounting team to develop responses to changes in Accounting standards
- Analyze impact of various industry trends (BPCI initiatives, Managed Care contracts) on budgeted revenues.
- Provide training and support to agencies related to processes affecting collection of earned revenue.
- Provide training and support for newly acquired agencies.
- Bridge the revenue and collection functions between the agencies and service center accounting team
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Leadership experience in a professional environment required
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project team and manage multiple assignments and deadlines
- Exposure to Medical Reimbursement environment (Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance) desirable
- Understanding of the Revenue-Accounts Receivable Cycle (with emphasis on the Health Care industry desired).
- Experience in a setting with Public Reporting responsibilities highly desirable
- 7+ Years of Experience in a Corporate or Public Accounting setting
- Knowledge of the interworking of home health, hospice and home care billing, a plus. If no pre-existing knowledge a strong desire to understand and analyze the bridge between clinical, financial and operational functions at our agencies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Understand how to read and interpret financial records and reports
- Professional written and oral