Revenue Cycle Client Management
5 - 7 years experience • Healthcare IT
Hope you are doing good
Please find the below job description and let me know your interest. Pleaseshare your updated resume.
Job: Revenue Cycle Client Management Consultant
Location: Houston, TX
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the primary source of knowledge for Departmentâ€™s revenue cycle performance
- Establishes an ongoing working relationship with Department Administrators and Physicians
- Bridges communication channels between the department, the PO Centralized Business Office (PO CBO) and the Single Billing Office (SBO)
- Works closely with the operations staff to complete work queue and front end operations activity that directly impact the revenue cycle to accurately process actions in a timely manner for optimal reimbursement
- Establishes continuous training and learning opportunities for staff members
Quality & Safety: 40%
- Performs analysis, identifies trends, presents opportunity areas, and prioritizes initiatives for performance improvement in a variety of areas, including but not limited to: coding, claim submission, insurance and self-pay collections, refunds and write-off approvals. Key metrics to review include:
- Accounts Receivable (AR) Days
- AR over 120 Days
- Cash collections
- Avoidable write-offs
- Charge lag
- Credentialing issues
- Front end work queue volumes
- Bad Debt
- Coordinates with PO CBO Management team and SBO Management team to ensure thorough understanding of trends/issues affecting the Departmentâ€™s revenue cycle performance
- Tracks on-going performance of revenue cycle metrics and activities to ensure Department, PO CBO and SBO needs and goals are met
- Leads monthly meetings with Department Administrators and Physicians to review key metrics, trends and performance improvement opportunities (staff training, physician coordination, policy/process revisions, etc.)
- Develops goals to link department and revenue cycle initiatives with the organizationâ€™s strategy
- Ensures accurate and timely filing of all insurance applications and tax ID change information by coordinating with the Practice Administrator and Physician Organization
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and correct minor safety hazards.
- Demonstrates SERVICE PRIDE standards
- Demonstrates and support the Houston Methodist vision, mission and ICARE values statement
- Participates in and ensures compliance within regulatory and Houston Methodist policies, practices and standards; coordinate training opportunities as needed
- Ensures protection of private health and personal information. Adhere to all HIPAA and PCI compliance regulations.
- Prepares timely reports on the financial status of each physicianâ€™s practice monthly and meet with the Administrator, faculty and staff to review status. Present this data at monthly department revenue cycle meetings.
- Coordinates with the assigned CFO to obtain accurate and timely month-end financialreports
- Manages and monitors an efficient and effective revenue cycle designed to maximize revenues while adhering to compliance policies and procedures. Serves as Department Administratorâ€™s primary resource for revenue cycle-related questions or concerns.
- Leads committees and task forces needed to support revenue cycle initiatives for assigned departments. Demonstrates the ability to plan, direct and delegate tasks while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Manages Legacy (Athena) AR performance through run-out and transition to EpicÂ®
- Develops, manages and monitors successful completion of implementation plans
- Acts as a lead consultant/educator on performance improvement requirements in operations and methodologies to revenue cycle teams, medical staff, otherpatient care, physician and hospital departments
- Continuously seeks new and creative technologies that help identify and guide improvement opportunities that align with overall PO CBO success
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in business or healthcare
- 5years of experience in medical billing and insurance collections
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proficient in computer accounting programs, Microsoft Excel, medical terminology, basic coding knowledge and medical billing systems
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations and external customers
- Ability to develop, implement and produce complex reports
- Ability to motivate and create a team environment, prioritize work distribution, exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational, problem solving and team player skills
- Excellent project management skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects
- Ability to navigate across multiple customer demands and balance competing priorities successfully
- Ability to analyze, identify and articulate identified trends and report trends succinctly in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to focus on problem or task and articulate a resolution in a prompt, productive and efficient manner. Recognizes, evaluates, solves problems and corrects errors.
- Ability to think critically and identify the global impact across the revenue cycle with a solution oriented approach
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information Independent action and judgment is required subject of general business-wide policies
- Requires strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and develop staff
- Requires strong project management skills
- Requires strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Analytical skills required