ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing subject matter expert support for the technical revenue accounting (TRA) function for the company which includes accounting guidance for all agreements for the company. This role is responsible for working with the members of the revenue team to develop and establish analytical reporting. The Candidate will be supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting close cycles. This position will also be responsible for preparing reconciliations and related analysis of assigned revenue/cost of sales accounts monthly as well as assisting with defining and creating operating procedures and participating in business process improvement initiatives related to revenue accounting activities.
The qualified candidate will work closely with the revenue accounting team as well as other groups, such as Sales and Operations managers, Business Development, FPA, and Order Management. To be successful in this role you will be required to maintain a high level of accuracy, meet critical timelines and heavy interaction with Stakeholders.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews complex, multi-element agreements to support compliance with applicable external authoritative literature and internal guidelines as it relates to ASC 606
- Works with cross-functional groups to ensure that agreements are structured in a way that ensures revenue will be recognized properly while following all commercial internal policies and procedures and manages all TRA approvals internally
- Prepare and review all ad-hoc technical memos and other projects as necessary
- Responsible for providing revenue recognition guidance from an external perspective as issues and questions arise
- Review and prepare periodic studies for technical revenue accounting (including SSP, Customer Life, etc.)
- Works with Project Accounting Manager to support 500+ projects within the Workday accounting system including project accounting and cost of sales
- Perform monthly and quarterly activities in support of financial close process including validation of all contracts/projects have correct revenue recognition and analyzing and explaining variances from expectations, with emphasis on cost of sales, and CA/CL processing
- Prepare journal entries that support financial close process
- Prepare required monthly/quarterly analytics for auditors and Sr. Management
- Provide documentation that support internal/external audit activities and audit preparation
- Ensures adherence to all revenue related SOX controls
- Completion of Monthly Revenue Account Reconciliations
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.), as well as PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition standards (ASC 606, ASC 605, ASC842)
- Must be eager to learn and ready to be a team player.
- Strong problem solving skills, and a person who takes proactive approach to address issues and avert conflict.
- Strong time management skills and works on critical items with a sense of urgency.
- Actively applies strategies and tactics that routinely deliver results.
- CPA preferred
5 - 8 Years of Experience
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience