What we're looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Revenue Accounting Manager that would be responsible for the revenue accounting operations and serve as the subject matter expert for billing processes and systems to ensure that downstream revenue reporting is accurate and compliant with GAAP. This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
What's the job really?
- Responsible for all revenue accounting operations, including the approval of sales orders, invoicing and collections, revenue recognition, reconciliation of deferred revenue and accrued revenue, and revenue analysis.
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of 2-3 Staff and Senior Accountants.
- Design, implement and document scalable revenue accounting processes.
- Lead the monthly close process ensuring accurate and timely results are delivered for reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure ongoing process compliance with internal controls and accounting policies.
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure consistent understanding of billing and sales processes.
- Assist with annual audit and ad hoc projects.
What you bring to the table:
- BA/BS with a concentration in Accounting.
- Deep understanding of GAAP, especially ASC 606.
- 6+ years of accounting experience with relevant responsibilities, preferably with experience in a fast-growing software and/or startup company.
- Experience supervising direct reports.
- Advanced Excel competency.
- Extraordinary critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to present findings both in-person and in-writing at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a dynamic, rapidly evolving, and data-driven organization