The successful candidate must be able to identify issues and opportunities within the revenue and cost function, develop and improve processes and procedures, and translate strategy into actionable plans with minimal supervision.
This position must be able to interact with other teams – Sales, Contract Administrators, Billing, Finance, Technical and SEC Accounting, Internal Audit, and Subsidiary Management to name a few – in order to ensure revenue and costs are appropriately accounted for monthly, documented, effectively tied into our process models and that we are in compliance with SOX, SEC and other local standards and requirements.
The candidate will possess experience in complex, high performing companies of size and scope, with the ability to draw upon best-in-class processes and procedures. We are looking for a Senior Accountant who has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast paced environment. Last, they need to have excellent change management skills as well as superior writing, presentation and organizational skills.
- Partner with program managers, contract administrators, and finance counterparts to ensure proper revenue and cost recognition for all fully executed agreements.
- Work proactively and cross-functionally with the Contract Administrators and Financial Analysts to reduce the number of revenue/cost issues that result in non-standard processing of revenue transactions.
- Ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls, and recommending efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
- Prepare recurring and period-end journal entries and revenue analysis.
- Prepare asset and liabilitybalance sheet reconciliations and roll-forward schedules, to include recommending and preparing adjusting journal entries.
- Ensure that contractual backlog is properly computed and reported.
- Review and support all revenue recognition disclosures in all SEC filings.
- Help lead the implementation of best practices in the revenue team to scale our business and global revenue expansion
- Interface with internal and external auditors on revenue related issues.
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining appropriate documentation and identification of the Company’s SOX key processes and controls as it relates to revenue recognition.
- Drive process improvements and innovations within the department as well as within the global organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5 years of related accounting experience including significant exposure to revenue recognition issues – predominately at large, multi-national public companies
- 2-3 years public accounting, Big Four a plus
- CPA – Active
- Prior experienceworking with large, global ERP systems (Oracle or SAP); Hyperion Financial Management and Hyperion Planning
- Masters’ Degree in Accounting
- High emotional IQ – very strong communication and influencing skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple functional and business groups
- A successful track record in getting to the right accounting position
- Prior international accounting experiencepreferred
- A proven ability to be decisive, resolve issues and deliver on commitments and deadlines
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility in problem solving and project collaboration.
- Superior organization and prioritization skills
- Highly skilled in data analysis and proven ability to present data in a clear, concise and compelling manner to all levels of management?
- Comfortable in discussing issues, strategy and negotiating with Company executives
- Proven self-starter that doesn’t need much guidance to get projects done in an excellent manner
- Superior writing, Excel modeling, and PowerPoint presentation skills.