Working as part of a collaborative Accounting team, the Revenue Accountant will support all aspects of the revenue cycle within the organization. This position has specific responsibility in revenue related processes within the organization, including day to day revenue recognition and accounting functions, performing monthly close processes, fulfilling interdepartmental reporting requests, maintaining an effective control environment as well as coordinating with members of the billing team.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Reviewing software deals for proper revenue recognition (POC, milestone, SaaS, perpetual/term).
- Learning and gaining an understanding of software revenue recognition principles, ensuring compliance with ASC 606.
- Prepare journal entries to support monthly close activities.
- Actively participate in monthly and quarterly close activities.
- Prepare monthly deferred and unbilled revenue reconciliations.
- Create detailed revenue schedules as needed for management and reporting purposes.
- Review contract set ups in the accounting system for proper billing and revenue recognition.
- Assist professional services program managers with project management and milestone billing.
- Review bookings to ensure compliance with company booking policy.
- Transact revenue and billing in accordance with contract terms.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned when needed to support the business.
- Preparing and presenting financials to management and supporting internal teams with ad-hoc requests.
- Partnering with internal teams and business partners to define, establish and implement accounting processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in an accounting or finance role.
- High-level of proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel) required. Advanced knowledge of Excel required (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.).
- Highly motivated with the ability to multitask, work independently, and meet deadlines while maintaining a high standard of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks simultaneously.
- 2+ years of revenue recognition experience in a software or technology company that has complex and/or recurring revenue streams.
- Experience working cloud-based ERP systems (Great Plains, Sage Intacct, Oracle, Workday, etc.).
- Experience with SalesForce or other CRM’s.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and thorough understanding of GAAP around revenue recognition, preferably in a software and/or services environment.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, a new Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!