We provide technology that community financial institutions use to manage risk and drive growth. Our solutions automate key processes – from anti-money laundering to fraud detection to CECL readiness to lending workflows – empowering our customers by addressing their Enterprise Risk Management needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is not only a master of their craft, but also shares our commitment to driving a strong company culture by putting their heart and soul into their work every day.
Abrigo is looking for a Revenue Accountant or Senior Revenue Accountant to join the finance team. This position will have direct responsibility for all activity related to revenue recognition. The Revenue Accounting Manager will lead the revenue cycle including review of contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with current and emerging accounting standards. The ideal candidate will have deep software industry experience, be scrappy, and live by the motto "the devil is in the details."
We are a quickly-growing, acquisitive, private-equity owned software company providing Enterprise Risk Management solutions to community financial institutions. Join a CFO team with deep experience working in private equity including M&A, integrations, and buy-side and sell-side diligence. Expect to have fun & expand your scope as we continue to grow and add revenue streams.
What you'll do:
- Lead and execute month end close activities including analyses, reconciliations, and presentation of revenue reporting #GSD
- Improve revenue accounting operations, including organizational, process and system changes
- Own the monthly revenue reporting package process, including variance analyses and quarterly close decks presented to the CFO & ELT, and continue to drive robust reporting relevant to revenue growth
- Streamline and develop scalable processes and policies for revenue recognition
- Be responsible for the annual audit deliverables with external auditors, the accounting team, and executive management
- Proactively research technical revenue issues and respond to revenue questions related to new or non-standard contract terms, product/service offerings and marketing programs and document conclusions via technical revenue accounting memos
- Establish strong working relationships with key contacts in other departments including Sales, Product Management, Sales Operations, Legal and IT
- Lead or assist with various ad hoc projects as needed
What you'll need:
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and experience in applying software revenue accounting guidance (ASC 605/606)
- Proficient in MS Excel. Experience with large ERP system (Netsuite preferred) & Salesforce
- CPA with 5+ years experience in revenue accounting with a mix of both industry and public accounting firm experience (preferred)
- Commitment to act with a servant's heart – contribute to the team through putting others first and valuing their growth
- Speed to results; you are easy to work with and you know how to get things done
- Uncommon grit; you do whatever is necessary to deliver on commitments and always persevere to win
- Exceptional analytical skills and business acumen; you can diagnose the real problem and have a bias for action
What you'll get:
- Market competitive total rewards package
- To be part of the Heart & SOUL of a winning company with an inspiring mission
- The opportunity to Make Big Things Happen
- Competitive salary along with full health benefits with an HSA option
- Unlimited PTO and bank holidays
- 401(k) plan and company match