At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Product Management Manager 4 will report to the Managing Director of Retirement Products and Trust which is in the Investment Products Group of Wells Fargo Advisors.
This position will manage a team responsible for planning, communicating, and executing the firm’s retirement income strategy and/or projects that directly support the implementation of brokerage strategic initiatives relating to clients who are saving for, preparing for, or living in retirement. The person will provide strategic leadership and guidance necessary to implement the firm’s strategy within WIM and possibly other areas of the firm, focused on products, technology, distribution channels as well as strategic partners across the enterprise and third party product sponsors. In addition, the team leader will provide thought leadership of retirement-related content and adoption of specified brokerage tools, products and strategies to help our clients reach their retirement goals.
The Retirement Income Group implements innovative programs that drive firm and advisor productivity and adoption of best practices that will be used by Financial Advisors. Defines and executes goals and metrics related to best practice adoption to track and improve client loyalty. Effectively partners with resources of other LOBs to increase adoption of the Retirement Income Planning Process through the distribution of products, tools, and services through value added programs such as workshops, conference calls, strategic partner integration and marketing materials. Oversees guidance and communication to distribution channels through electronic communication and face to face visits.
- Provide strategic leadership in developing and executing a strategy to make WFA an industry leader in the Retirement Income marketplace.
- Be visible and provide leadership in the Retirement Income industry
- Participate in industry meetings in order to represent Wells Fargo Advisors and to stay on the cutting edge of developments in the Retirement Income space.
- Provide leadership to the team in the development of the retirement income strategies and initiatives that will be implemented within the channels.
- Provide leadership to the team in the development of new tools and resources to deliver on retirement income strategic initiatives.
- Partner across the enterprise and third party distribution partners to carry the Retirement Income message and apply the retirement income strategy across Wells Fargo’s client facing footprint.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of product development and product management experience
- 8+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 2+ years of brokerage industry experience
- Experience in product management/development, program management, strategy, marketing and/or related position in a consumer-oriented, technology-dependent environment in financial services or related industries
- FINRA registration including Series 7 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to identify and evaluate exposures and potential risks
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Ability to synthesize data to form a story and align information to contrast or compare to industry perspective and historical business trends
- Ability to work independently
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good project management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial planning: tools and advisory services
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 must be completed within 1 year of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.