US Retirement Plan Specialist
The HR Global Benefits team is looking for a US Retirement Plan Specialist who is proficient in Defined Benefit, Retirement or Benefit plan administration to support HP's Retirement Plan. This person will play a key role in the overall administration, development, and implementation of HP’s retirement strategies. Other responsibilities include providing data analytics, project management, identifying process improvements, and vendor management.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the administration of the HP Retirement plan, ensuring the accuracy, timeliness and integrity of all plan benefits.
- Provide analysis and planning support related to retirement strategy plan design, modifications and implementations
- Ensures compliance with all legal and reporting requirements
- Manage external vendors to promote their performance to the highest standards and prompt resolution of service issues
- Ensures resolution of complex issues and inquiries from employees, human resources, third party providers and other stakeholders.
- Partner in the creation and delivery of training and information sessions for human resources and employees; partner in the development of communication materials for benefits enrollment and changes
- Monitor and facilitate compliance audits, annual plan audits, and corporate audits covering all benefits operational areas
- Partner collaboratively with global benefits, treasury, and other important partners
- Applies specialized total rewards knowledge to implement programs and initiatives and contribute to program design.
- May manage the total rewards function within a country by aligning local programs with overall compensation and benefits strategy.
- Analyzes survey, employee, and financial data to summarize findings, draw conclusions, and make recommendations about total rewards programs to project teams.
- May manage compensation or benefits projects of moderate complexity.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business or functional leaders.
- May support or project manage benefits delivery including partnering with
- May conduct due diligence and analysis for MADO transactions.
Education and Experience Required
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically 4-6 years related experience in compensation, benefits, finance, and/or human resources.
Knowledge and Skills
- Systematic understanding of total rewards, as well as other HR functions.
- Developed knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment as it relates to employee compensation and benefits.
- Strong communication skills.
- Solid financial and business acumen.
- Demonstrated project management skills such as planning, execution and
- Expert knowledge of Excel.
- Contributes to business- or function-wide solutions that impact multiple business units and/or countries