The Client Relationship Consultant is responsible for the day-to-day account management of the largest and most complex client accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds, expands, and solidifies relationships with existing clients at all levels within the company.
- Works closely with the Gallagher Retirement Services Sales Consultant on the transition of a new client post the sales process.
- Cultivates relationships with most senior buyer in the client organization as well as with day-to-day client representatives and buyers.
- Prepares and negotiates fee-based pricing of services, ensuring account profitability in a value-based approach for the scope of service and costs associated with the client service agreement.
- Has retention goals for assigned group of accounts.
- Ensures client satisfaction and profitability through careful prioritization of responsibilities, proactive/candid communications, and the use of sound judgment of all client interactions.
- Continually builds and leverages credible relationships with internal and external clients to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Assesses and prioritizes client needs in a timely manner. Identifies and helps clients focus on their most critical needs.
- Schedules and conducts investment and service reviews quarterly. Has oversight of new business implementation processes.
- Secures all legal documentation. Interfaces with Support Service areas on issues relating to the client.
- Reviews and approves all key client deliverables. Sets and communicates clear and realistic expectations in order to avoid the perception of service delivery failure.
- Surveys client satisfaction through regular service reviews.
- Keeps up to date on all aspects of accounts enabling proactive communication with clients.
- Develops a plan to ensure client loyalty and long term relationships, thereby ensuring those clients will be positive references for Gallagher.
- Creates and maintains a high level of personal rapport with clients.
- Manages communications with clients to create positive perceptions of the firm.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years’ experience working as a Consultant or Provider Client Relationship Manager.
-- or --
- High school diploma/GED and 10 or more years’ experience working as a Consultant or Provider Client Relationship Manager.
- License required - Series 65 or 66 or willingness to obtain. Series 7, 6 and 63, life insurance license also of value.
- Able and willing to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Ability to interact and consult at the "C" level.
Possess the following expertise and is able to deliver:
- Plan Design Consulting
- RFP Assembly and Analysis
- Investment Analysis
- Quarterly Investment Delivery and Replacement
- Quarterly Plan Updates
- Annual Report Review
- Investment Policy Statement Origination and Review
- Meeting Minutes and Documentation
- Participate and add value in finalist presentation (will be a part of a finalist presentation)
- Annual Plan Review
Possess deep technical knowledge:
- ERISA Consulting
- DOL reviews and updates
- Retirement plan rules and regulations
- Fiduciary Consulting
- All products and services including 401(k), 403(b); demonstrate a basic understanding of Defined Benefit plans
- Ability to cultivate client relationships that lead to cross-selling opportunities