Description: LP Building Products is a leading global manufacturer of engineered wood products. At LP, creating new solutions for building is who we are. Since we pioneered our first engineered wood product, we've been continually creating better products to fit the changing needs of the building industry.
LP's values-driven, positive culture creates an environment where talented and hardworking people thrive in a safe, ethical, fun, challenging and rewarding place to work. For more than 40 years, we've developed careers and provided advancement opportunities in the building products industry.
Working within the context of a team, to create and support the incremental sales growth and product placement with builders and contractors, and to align the channel on our 3 (Siding, EWP and VAOSB) specialty product lines to meet the growth objectives of his/her territory.
- Territory: Houston/Austin/San Antonio
- Create sales growth and demand for LP Specialty building products at the builder and contractor level and align the channel to pull through sales for LP retail customers. Average annual sales territory budget is $10M
- Work with owners, General Contractors, Builders, framing contractors, sales managers and building code officials
- Prospect for new customers and negotiate through a complex sales process to align the channel and to execute against the Market Development elements of the "Market Back Plan." Annual growth targets to exceed $1M in revenue.
- Partner within LP's National Account Managers, Repair and Remodel Sales Managers, and LP Distribution Sales Managers to meet common sales growth targets.
- Provide installation expertise and warranty information to builders, contractors, and retail sales personnel.
- Increase and implement LP product placement with top: builders, remodelers, contractors, and multi-family developers in the major MSA's with the territory.
- Establish relationships with the top installation contractors and with the building inspectors involved in specific markets/regions.
- Conduct product knowledge and product installation seminars for builders and contractors.
- Assist the marketing team on our builder value proposition.
- Participate in trade shows.
- Gather field intelligence, as well as maintain customer information within relevant LP systems (WFS & MMC) to ensure open and accurate communication lines to the marketplace.
- Create local value proposition working with the marketing department for each product line to provide best in class sales support to builders and contractors.
- Represent the company in a professional manner consistent with LP's "Sales Process"
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Work with, and partner with, Home Depot (PASAs, PARs, RMMs) and Lowe's (PSMs, DMs) outside sales team to drive increased product placement at the local and regional level.
- High level knowledge of local building codes, practices and market intelligence.
- Deep understanding of the retail landscape and its customer base.
- Excellent business relationships with regional and local sales teams within: Lowe's, Home Depot, and regional retail outlets.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Computer proficiency, including an excellent knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
- Experience working with multiple supply chain channels.
- Thorough knowledge of LP Specialty Products and their intended use and installation.
- Ability to work in a team and facilitate a results-oriented business plan.
- Excellent analytical ability to identify market opportunities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of construction/building practices.
- Proven sales history showcasing successful incremental growth over extended periods of time.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle a number of product categories and market initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
- 4-6 years of outside sales experience, with a history of cold calling and new customer development.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.