This role has the responsibility to identify risk within the broker dealer, provide the necessary supervisory and oversight capabilities that will mitigate these risk while fostering teamwork to ensure a consistent message is delivered to our business partners.
Additionally, this role has an obligation to have a thorough understanding of the regulatory rules, risk identification metrics , and the supervisory tasks that align the supported business units to our corporate goals, while maintaining integrity to our clients.
In addition, this individual will ensure adherence to all policies and procedures (internal and external) as well as have the foresight to differentiate risks and sales practice concerns that the SRO’s have deemed important, including executing on the day to day operational risk and supervisory activities that cultivate a culture progress.
- Supervisory responsibility and oversight of day to day risk mitigation processes for the supported business group.
- Supervisory responsibility to business unit management to ensure sales practice and operational risks are mitigated.
- Ensure policies and procedures are created and then enforced
- Regulatory adherence and client protection
- Provides assistance and support to management related to sales practice or transactional risk items as well as disciplinary matters.
- Acts as subject matter expert for regulatory issues. sales products, and division specific inquiries
- Create reporting and trending mechanisms to alert Business Unit Management of risk items, and solutions for mitigating identified risks and supervision gaps.
- Design and implement a reporting mechanism that will potentially detect and deter manipulative and prohibitive behavior regarding sales practice issues
- Creates business unit support through open communication and scheduled meetings to create a conduit between Compliance, Risk Management, Audit, and the Business.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on cross functional teams for initiatives supporting the business unit
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with all layers of management within the business unit, which may include onsite visits, attendance in staff meetings, or regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings
- Working knowledge of business operations
- Risk Management knowledge
- Futures/Forex product knowledge
- 4 year College Degree
- 3-8years experience
- S7 and S24 required. May have S9 & S10 in lieu of the S24.
- S3, S34, S63 & 65 or S66 may be required
- Military experience may be substituted in lieu of education and/or experience.