The Supervision Principal will interact directly with oversight partners and all levels of management to ensure adherence to regulatory and legal policies and requirements as they relate to decisions made. He or she will be responsible for making these decisions independently at times.
All escalated situations present a legal, regulatory, financial, and/or attrition risk. The ability to effectively weigh all of the risks when coming to a conclusion is paramount.
- Evaluation and execution of potential Elder Financial Exploitation Issues through daily reports and escalations from the field
- Evaluation of complex potential diminished mental capacity situations to determine if there is risk to the firm by maintaining this relationship in its current status.
- Research potential solutions including, termination of client relationship, removal of options/margin, account restrictions, addition of Trading Auth., POA, etc.
- Partner with Legal and Compliance as appropriate to determine the best solution to mitigate risk.
- Provide coaching to clients and Associates and or execute the forceful termination of client relationships as appropriate.
- Identify and research automated red flags to mitigate risk related to Sr. and Vulnerable Investors
- Review alerts through Retail Logging & Supervision platform to identify concerning activity (such as uneconomical trading and banking services)
- Research, evaluate and document potential solutions
- Participate in Sr. & Vulnerable Investor committee as well as industry-wide calls
- Work closely with State Health and Human Services depts., law enforcement, State Securities Commissioner offices, etc.
- Assist in preparation of a summary of all PDMC cases monthly and present findings to the PDMC Committee which is comprised of Senior Management within Legal, Compliance, and AML.
- Represent TDA on multiple industry-wide calls related to Senior Issues to ensure TDA is kept abreast of all regulatory and legal requirements
- Provide educational support to Retailassociates and management
- 6-7 years of work related experience
- Expertise in identifying and managing risk, investigation, and extensive documentation skills for use in potential future litigation defense
- Comfortable making independent decisions effectively weighing regulatory/legal, financial, and client attrition risks.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, often ambiguous, changing, and complex environment.
- Keen communication skills to interact successfully with internal associates up to the Executive level
- Ability to influence strategy through active participation in projects and providing ongoing guidance and feedback to business management.
- Expert knowledge of securities regulations and practices
- Ability to work in high profile spotlight and with extreme urgency, thoroughness, and accuracy
- Series 7, 63 and 24 required
- 4 Year College Degree
- Military experience may be substituted in lieu of education and/or experience.