Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Retail Solutions Manager, Wal-Mart Team, is responsible for planning, directing, measuring, and reporting the effectiveness of the retail service organization projects and in-store selling activity. The RSM is accountable for aligning the retail execution strategy with the J&J Consumer Group’s strategy as well as customer team goals, objectives, and business plans.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage retail broker budgets with an emphasis on reviewing retailer charges to optimizing coverage effectiveness, develop monthly business plans that will be executed by the retail execution team by leveraging ones understanding of the customer’s store operations, structure, and strategy.
• Conduct field audits and work-withs throughout the fiscal year.
• Develop and maintain relationships with all internal sales, category, shopper, CPFR, brand, and sales strategy partners, as well as support divisional and regional selling activities.
• J&J Retail Team functions and shares first hand retail insights and recommended retail business solutions back to the Wal-Mart Business Team ongoing.
• Establish in-store selling objectives, speed-to-market goals, incentive plans, and ensures such objectives are attained on all new item launches as well as ensuring base business in-stock levels and display compliance are at, or above goal.
• Lead the development of training tools to ensure the retail service organization has the skills and tools to effectively accomplish their objectives at retail.
• Lead the development and continuous improvement of the reporting and visualization of the multiple data sources from in-store analytics, CPFR, and other sales metrics to provide clear insights to the Wal-Mart Business Team.
• Lead and be part of multiple cross-functional projects to improve on shelf availability of products, optimize data reporting, and improve internal business processes.
• Recognized as a leader by customers, team members and internal business partners.
• Demonstrate effective communication and negotiation skills to solve problems, gain agreement with and inform others, while targeting long-term objectives.
• Use facts and data analysis to identify good options and make/implement good decisions.
• Demonstrate and effectively apply consumer industry and cross-category knowledge & expertise.
• Serve as liaison between the customer, team counterparts and internal support team members to foster a culture of growth and collaboration.
• Represent the face of the company to the trade and the voice of customer to the company.
• Penetrate the appropriate customer and internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives.
• Act with urgency to make the most of opportunities, address customer needs and accomplish goals and objectives including the launch of new items with excellence on speed to market and store penetration with maximum shelf presence for the opportunity.
• A minimum of a 4-year Bachelor's degree is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of total business experience with at least 3 years in a consumer packaged goods sales environment, including prior business analytics, or customer or category marketing is required.
• Broker management experience preferred.
• Broad experience across sales, operations, and category roles is strongly preferred.
• Experience with syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen) preferred
• Able to positively influence decision-makers up and down one or more levels, with and without authority, to achieve business objectives and ensure a fully-aligned customer/company business plan.
• Ability to create fact-based presentations to translate sales objectives into customer strategy and business plans around distribution, merchandising, promotion and planogram placement.
• Ability to devise and deliver persuasive presentations, based on data-driven insights and facts, to gain support for business strategies or initiatives, both with customers and internal business partners.
• Ability to complete projects and follow processes to manage results including volume achievement. Ability to plan tactics to support broader company and brand objectives.
• Ability to manage funds and resources for the greatest return on investment for the company. Able to identify and assess risk and prioritize competing demands for resources of time and money and apply resources to maximize profitable sales.
• Ability to accurately forecast and predict business results. Ability to select, on-board, train and measure performance with direct reports, including the ability to build an inclusive work environment and demonstrated ability to build a high performing team.
• The Wal-Mart RSM position, based in Bentonville, AR consists of 20% travel.