ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
The Role: Retail Senior Business Analyst
Perform deal closing process, contract validation process, and contract setup process. Prepare manuals and train workers. Recognize and make recommendation regarding new technology applications. Support all related corporate capital and operational projects. To implement and deliver the Service Management needs of internal and external customers including the management and reporting of all data required for customer account creation within systems
Manager, Customer Service
Houston, TX / Retail
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as team project lead in the design/implementation of both tactical and strategic system enhancements to support our rapidly expanding commodity/services business for Small Commercial and Large Commercial and Industrial customers.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve various reporting activities including billing vendor performance analysis as well as department related process and data exceptions.
- Recognize and make recommendation regarding new technology applications that result in some or all of the following:
- reduce process costs
- improve throughput
- improve company profitability
- improve overall customer satisfaction
- Document internal control policies and procedures in accordance with internal and external audit requests and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Manage all inbound and outbound data elements required for account creation and billing setup, as defined between ENGIE and our external vendors. This includes the validation, loading, and accurate setup for all products within the posted Service Level Agreement timeline.
- Serve as account creation and billing setup subject matter expert for new market entry as well as ongoing market compliance.
- Escalate discrepancies where CRM updates are not allowed by internal setup guidelines to the sales organization, using email, phone calls and issue tracking system, relying on knowledge of internal setup guidelines, in order to resolve issues and to continue with the setup process
- Validate Energy Contracts prior to mailing/emailing to end customers
- Prepare manuals and train workers in use of processes or procedures, in order to ensure standardized processes are fully presented, understood, and followed for process efficiency.
- Total data quality management across the ENGIE enterprise
- Train to backup all department team members.
- Acts as a team member with all employees of ENGIE staff
- Complies with all ENGIE policies and procedures
- Carries out other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- 5-7 years of retail energy experience related to customer operations and products required
- Experience with working with billing vendor, EDI vendor and care vendor is a plus
- Experience with Access Database/SQL is a plus.
- Sales Force experiencepreferred
- EDI transaction is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office products required. Working Environment
Essential Physical Abilities
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.