As Retail Sales Representative, you will oversee product management for assigned territory, facilitate indirect sales development and growth, develop product training programs and act as the primary contact for problem resolution for assigned Home Depot stores.
Essential Job Duties:
- Educate vendor staff, store associates, and management by encouraging them to promote our products when communicating with contractors and other customers in the store and out in the field.
- Responsible for the sales growth at each assigned store by developing and implementing strategic merchandising plans to increase point of sale and obtain market sale.
- Create and maintain monthly reports indicating growth and ability to track and analyze data to ensure targets are achieved.
- Responsible for display maintenance and POP materials for customer educational interaction and product promotions with in assigned stores.
- Perform tool demonstration events and training events to stores to drive sales.
- Document store successes, growth and/or opportunities that can be communicated to appropriate team.
- Up sell your vendor base in order to introduce additional Makita products to their inventories.
- Assist vendor rental department technicians with product advice and repair assistance.
- Pride- visit any construction site, and you're sure to encounter a variety of Makita tools. Our quality and performance has earned us a strongly respected reputation within the contractor community, which has persistently grown over the past 85 years and is certain to endure for many years to come as we continue to lead the industry with the introduction of high quality, innovative tools.
- Growth opportunity- with plenty of room for expansion within, this territory offers an excellent opportunity to leverage your experience and showcase your abilities to build it out, while also positioning yourself for a variety of managerial roles and ongoing growth within the organization.
- Commission/Bonus– opportunity for quarterly bonuses.
Applicant Qualities Desired:
- Sales professional with discipline and solution selling skills.
- Ability to build relationships to gain customer loyalty and penetrate accounts with in the market.
- Strong customer service skills with an ability to successfully cold call new and potential customers.
- Strong self-motivator, with the ability to work well independently and with others in a team environment.
- Excellent communications skills in person, over the phone, and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from 4 year college or university; or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of retail merchandising experience within the construction industry
- Knowledge of power tool industry and/or all phases of construction
- 30% travel may be required for this position