- Account Management on existing business as well as help close new business.
- Design and deliver welding training programs for both store personnel at designated accounts.
- Promote Hobart products and create brand awareness at retail accounts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate customer contacts: Buyers, Store Managers, Regional Managers, and Area Managers at all accounts.
- Plan schedule at least 90 days prior to events with continuous feedback to stores on up-coming events.
- Coordinate, schedule and execute grand opening events, with demonstrations to support retail accounts.
- Ensure Hobart in-store presentations are merchandised accurately, and inventory levels are adequate.
- Utilize product knowledge to influence end-users, increasing their welding passion due to their exposure to Hobart.
- Train, teach, guide, and assist in all avenues of Hobart brand awareness at retail and end users.
- Work with divisional Product Managers and Marketing teams to share market data learnings from engagement at designated events.
- Hands on welding
- This position will generally be required to pull a Hobart training trailer to events for training purposes.
- This position requires DOT guidelines for travel.
- Maintain a DOT log book during working hours to satisfy all DOT rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline, or work experience equivalent. Technical degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in the welding industry.
- Previous experience with retail selling required.
- Proficient welding skills and technical acumen
- Ability to build effective account plans, manage sales opportunities, and effective account management.
- Strong ability to communicate the value offering to all levels of management.
- Strong value selling skills with the ability to convert new business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong communication, presentation, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Overnight travel up to 60-75%
- Ability to have flexible schedule to allow for weekend travel and work.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while travelling to events
- Ability to stand for up to 12 hours per day or drive long periods of time
- Must have a great driving record with the ability to possess a DOT license
- Bi-lingual, fluency in Spanish language would be beneficial.