The Retail Sales Manager is responsible for driving profitable growth and market share gains by providing account and field support at the retail store level and at various events throughout the year. This position centers around focused efforts on selling, training, promotion, merchandising, and event execution, along with execution of strategic account plans.
Location for the candidate to be based out of is Texas – Dallas or centrally located.
- Account Management on existing business as well as help close new business.
- Design and deliver welding training programs for both store personnel at designated accounts.
- Promote Hobart products and create brand awareness at retail accounts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate customer contacts: Buyers, Store Managers, Regional Managers, and Area Managers at all accounts.
- Plan schedule at least 90 days prior to events with continuous feedback to stores on up-coming events.
- Coordinate, schedule and execute grand opening events, with demonstrations to support retail accounts.
- Ensure Hobart in-store presentations are merchandised accurately, and inventory levels are adequate.
- Utilize product knowledge to influence end-users, increasing their welding passion due to their exposure to Hobart.
- Train, teach, guide, and assist in all avenues of Hobart brand awareness at retail and end users.
- Work with divisional Product Managers and Marketing teams to share market data learnings from engagement at designated events.
- Hands on welding
- This position will generally be required to pull a Hobart training trailer to events for training purposes.
- This position requires DOT guidelines for travel.
- Maintain a DOT log book during working hours to satisfy all DOT rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline, or work experience equivalent. Technical degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in the welding industry.
- Previous experience with retail selling required.
- Proficient welding skills and technical acumen
- Ability to build effective account plans, manage sales opportunities, and effective account management.
- Strong ability to communicate the value offering to all levels of management.
- Strong value selling skills with the ability to convert new business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong communication, presentation, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Overnight travel up to 60-75%
- Ability to have flexible schedule to allow for weekend travel and work.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while travelling to events
- Ability to stand for up to 12 hours per day or drive long periods of time
- Must have a great driving record with the ability to possess a DOT license
- Bi-lingual, fluency in Spanish language would be beneficial.